reflection vs solstice spain vs caribbean

gordylad

We are having a hard job deciding between two t/a cruises. this will be our first t/a cruise and we like the look of both cruises Oct 2014. Equinox has a focus on Spain whereby Reflection has stops in St Kitts, St Maarten and Haiti.

Have only cruised on Eclipse (twice) with an equinox cruise booked for Oct.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

For an October TA, I'm assuming you're going Eastbound. Need some more info, before I can give you some advice. Where do you live -country will be enough? Are you flying to Europe to take the cruise and are you sightseeing prior?

We are having a hard job deciding between two t/a cruises. this will be our first t/a cruise and we like the look of both cruises Oct 2014. Equinox has a focus on Spain whereby Reflection has stops in St Kitts, St Maarten and Haiti.

Have only cruised on Eclipse (twice) with an equinox cruise booked for Oct.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

You need to come on the Equinox in October. My husband and I are already booked. The more the merrier! :D

Another one to consider.......... overnight in Bermuda any thoughts?

Departing from Harwich, England; Lisbon, Portugal; Kings Wharf, Bermuda; Nassau, Bahamas; Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Bermuda is really pretty and it's easy to get around the island. There's an excellent brewpub right at the port where you can get a decent pint. ;) The water will still be a bit brisk for swimming though, so if you're in for a dip I'd go for the Caribbean itinerary. Let's see. Bahamas is a pleasant place to spend a day, though nothing really exciting. Lisbon is lovely. All in all, this is a good TA itinerary, I think. (though you should still go on the Equinox :D).

Thanks for the replies so far..........Here are the 3 cruises. Any thoughts appreciated........

Reflection: Departing from Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy; Madeira (Funchal), Portugal; Basseterre, St. Kitts; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Labadee, Haiti; Miami, Florida

Equinox: Departing from Barcelona, Spain; Palma De Mallorca, Spain; Valencia, Spain; Malaga, Spain; Lanzarote, Canary Islands; Tenerife, Canary Islands; Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Infinity: Departing from Harwich, England; Lisbon, Portugal; Kings Wharf, Bermuda; Nassau, Bahamas; Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Thanks for the replies so far..........Here are the 3 cruises. Any thoughts appreciated........

Reflection: Departing from Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy; Madeira (Funchal), Portugal; Basseterre, St. Kitts; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Labadee, Haiti; Miami, Florida

Equinox: Departing from Barcelona, Spain; Palma De Mallorca, Spain; Valencia, Spain; Malaga, Spain; Lanzarote, Canary Islands; Tenerife, Canary Islands; Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Infinity: Departing from Harwich, England; Lisbon, Portugal; Kings Wharf, Bermuda; Nassau, Bahamas; Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I would choose either Refection or Equinox based upon the ports.

Bermuda will be cold.

I would skip the Infinity it is an older ship and one class older than the Reflection or Equinox which are both Solstice class ships.

The Reflection has been knocked a little bit on Blu due to more people being able to use it and the kitchen being the same size and dining room marginally larger.

The Infinity is also starting further North than the other 2.

Reflection is said to not hand seas as well as other Solstice class ships due to extra deck.

it also depends on what ports interest you and how much you like days at sea.

With the Equinox not having any ports at the end they may have less flexibility to go around bad weather due to schedule unless they know up front the other cruises can always skip a port at the end.

Sorry if I have not helped ask me November 16th when I get back from my Reflection TA :)

Archived