Anyone tried paying online?

iandjm

Hi,

I have a direct booking for a cruise on Eclipse, and thought I would try a 'test' payment of £100 off the balance. The payment appeared to go through, but I have not received a confirmation email, and the balance owing on screen is still the same as before I made the payment. Is there a delay before online booking shows that money has been paid off?

Many thanks

Ian

My reservation is hosed up. They took a $200 deposit from me, and I see where my credit card was charged. But I never received any confirmation from them and my reservation is still "on hold, expires in 24 hours." But that's been a month ago. I keep trying to call them but every time I get around to it, the wait times are too long.

So for whatever it's worth, you're not the only one having some issues.

Celebrity online payments [it is the same website regardless of whether you are in the US or UK by the time you get to payment] is always iffy. Although I will still pay for beverage packages, specialty dining or excursions online, I will no longer try to make online payment of my cruise balance. The sums are far to large to be uncertain whether they have gone through or not. Too often, payments which look perfectly OK have not gone through and the only way to be certain is if the sum hits your credit card a few days later. I now just telephone these payments!

Sue

I just paid for a shore excursion on-line and got a confirmation within a minute. Might be a different site in the UK? Sign off and back on to refresh your record? Give 'em a call?

Cabunit, your's is one of the best avatars I've seen on these boards. Cruising and trains - it don't get better than that!

Celebrity online payments [it is the same website regardless of whether you are in the US or UK by the time you get to payment] is always iffy. Although I will still pay for beverage packages, specialty dining or excursions online, I will no longer try to make online payment of my cruise balance. The sums are far to large to be uncertain whether they have gone through or not. Too often, payments which look perfectly OK have not gone through and the only way to be certain is if the sum hits your credit card a few days later. I now just telephone these payments!

Sue

Many thanks. I think you are right there. Calling is best.

Many thanks

Ian

I have paid for our last 5 cruises online exclusively and have not had any problems. It usually takes 24 hours for the balances to be corrected but they ALWAYS have been automatically corrected. Personally, I hate giving out my CC number over the phone. Whats to stop a disgruntled employee from keeping a copy of the number and making some purchases for themselves? The website, while slow, is secure.

I have had issues for two months trying to make online payments. I have never had this issue on past cruises. Initially I called customer service and they told me it was a computer issue, to try again later. But I have tried multiple times in the past two months and it has not yet worked.

I paid the final balance this weekend by phoning Celebrity UK. I got an e-mail confirming the payment almost instantly, looked on My Celebrity and everything was confirmed.

Like a previous member, I didn't want to trust such a large payment to the Celebrity website.

My reservation is hosed up. They took a $200 deposit from me, and I see where my credit card was charged. But I never received any confirmation from them and my reservation is still "on hold, expires in 24 hours." But that's been a month ago. I keep trying to call them but every time I get around to it, the wait times are too long.

So for whatever it's worth, you're not the only one having some issues.

Mine was the same way for a few days, but I did have them email me an invoice/booking confirmation. Try giving them a call and ask them to email you the booking confirmation. Maybe they do not have your email correct in their system.

I always make our payments on line.

Archived