Splenda on board?

haras

A month or so ago I was in one of the restaurants I frequent for breakfast. I reached for one of the yellow packets for my coffee, and I discovered the name on the packet was Equal!:eek: It was alongside the blue packets of Equal, as well as that pink crap. That's really dirty pool!:mad:

Treven- I noticed this too a few weeks ago, I think I was at the airport. Yellow packet was Equal!

I always bring a ziplock baggie of Splendas on the cruise, sometimes the coffee areas don't have them all of the time.

Sue from Fairfield, CA

Treven- I noticed this too a few weeks ago, I think I was at the airport. Yellow packet was Equal!

I always bring a ziplock baggie of Splendas on the cruise, sometimes the coffee areas don't have them all of the time.

Sue from Fairfield, CA

A couple of my favorite breakfast places said they stopped carrying Splenda due to the cost, that Equal was much cheaper. So now I put two or three packets of Splenda in my pocket before going to eat. I too will take a baggie full of Splenda on all my cruises; just in case.

To those who responded that Splenda is always available, be advised that not all yellow is truly yellow. Same with pink and blue.
A month or so ago I was in one of the restaurants I frequent for breakfast. I reached for one of the yellow packets for my coffee, and I discovered the name on the packet was Equal!:eek: It was alongside the blue packets of Equal, as well as that pink crap. That's really dirty pool!:mad:
There is a lot of misunderstanding and the above posts are incorrect. Many of the major artificial sweeteners are off patent including Saccharin (Sweet 'N Low - pink packet), Aspartame (Equal/Nutrasweet - blue packet) and Sucralose (Splenda - yellow packet). There are generic versions of all three. Princess often has the "brand" name product but also has generic versions. I have seen many generic versions, but in all cases the appropriate product has been in each color of packet. Pink is pink, blue is blue and yellow is yellow. Just take the color you normally use and you will get the sweetener you want :)

Sucralose is only one molecule away from DDT.

I used to think it was safe, too. I knew about the dangers of aspartame. That stuff is dangerous. I was having unexplained symptoms of anemia. All tests showed my system was normal. Then one day a friend posted "The Truth About Splenda".:eek:

There is a whole list of symptoms from sucralose use. Lowered red blood count was one of them. I quit all artificial sweetener immediately and my symptoms have disappeared.

The really important part of this is no one really knows what happens to sucralose after it is put into hot liquid like coffee or tea.

Google it. The Truth About Splenda. Word to the wise.:rolleyes:

Archived