? about aft cabins on Constellation

gbphipps

I am holding a FV cabin (7201) on the Constellation for Northern Europe in '06. In looking at the brochure, it looks like these cabins are different from those in the floors above in the same category. The brochure does not delineate a balcony and there is a space behind the cabin which ends in a line. Can anyone tell me what this means for these cabins? Does it delineate an overhang? Is the line just not drawn across for the balcony? The brochure makes them look like inside cabins, but that can't be right. The TA says there is a 200sq ft balcony. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

No, the FV cabins are not inside cabins--they are spacious outside cabins with a very large balcony. Ignore the line that is drawn in the brochure as it is misleading for all those aft balcony cabins on the 7th deck since the day the deck plans for the Millennium class ships have been published. They are not configured or shaped any worse than their corresponding cabins directly above them on Deck 8. 7201's balcony is going to be about 10 ft wide x at least 20 ft deep (200 sq ft!!).

Here are some photos taken by another Cruise Critic member of their FV cabin 7201 on the Summit:

http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery/view.php?id=1787

It is exactly like the cabin that you have on the Constellation except the decor color is going to be different.

One thing to note if you already did not know this, the FV cabins located on the outside aft corners of the Constellation (e.g. 7202) have a slightly larger interior (23 sq ft larger with an extra closet and longer desk) and a considerably larger balcony (300+ sq ft total space) than the non-corner FV that you are holding. Since they are the same price, if you are able to switch to one of those 6 cabins, it would be a very nice free upgrade.

We were fortunate enough to stay in an FV cabin on the Infinity back in 2002. It happened to be one of the "large" FVs on the outside corner. Click on the link in my signature if you are interested in seeing its layout.......

Thank you so much mahdnc and Lisa for your quick replies! It looks like we'll be very happy with the cabin as well as the itinerary. For that price, we just wanted to make sure it was equivalent to those on the floors above. Thanks again, Gisele

There are many people who feel that the FV cabins on Deck 7 are better located than the ones on Deck 8 or 9 because it is further away from the public aft Deck 10 (more private and less noise) and the aft balconies appear to run deeper with each successively lower deck (i.e. Deck 7 is deeper than Deck 8 which is deeper than Deck 9).

We had wanted an outside FV, but they are already taken for this sailing and we were lucky to get this one. If one came up, we'd definitely want to switch. I am sure these cabins are much in demand. Thank you for letting me know that the balconies are deeper on 7 as well. I have always wanted to do this northern European itinerary. This sounds perfect now! ---Gisele---

We are usually nexst door to FV when we are in our AFT CC. I laugh at Celebrity with their stateroom descriptions. I type in 9201 & it tells me 191 sq ft stateroom with 41 sq ft balcony - NOPE, 200 SQ FT!

I guess they don't want uneducated to cruising Celebrity folks to know the truth.

MACOP,

We're sailing on the Summit to Hawaii in March '06 in 9164, which is next door to 9021 and another CC member has 9201. Do you have any photos of the room and balcony you could post or you can email them to me. Any info would be helpful. Is there very much noise from the Waterfall Cafe above on 10? We are really looking forward to this cruise and are hoping to really enjoy the balcony.

and the guitar player in the evening is quite nice as his is classical not rock.

As far as photos, email me & I will send the rear view photo posted her by Char that I am using as wallpaper on my 'puter. It shows all the balconies for FV, CC & handicapped CC in center which is HUGE & for a good reason.

We don't take photos of rooms, but video we have......

MACOP,

We're sailing on the Summit to Hawaii in March '06 in 9164, which is next door to 9021 and another CC member has 9201. Do you have any photos of the room and balcony you could post or you can email them to me. Any info would be helpful. Is there very much noise from the Waterfall Cafe above on 10? We are really looking forward to this cruise and are hoping to really enjoy the balcony.

Char, thanks very much for your aft view pix.36_1_55.gif

If you have anymore, please send them our way. This will be our first aft stateroom, 'cause we normally go for midship, but hopefully we'll love it, too.

Hi Diana,

We are booked for 8/12/06. I'll have to look for the roll call. Thanks!

When we did Alaska in September on the Summit we were in 9160. We had friends in 9164, the handicap-accessible cabin and their balcony was enormous! It was the same depth as ours and much wider. As far as noise from above, we had no problem at all. Enjoy!

Gisele, thanks for the info on 9164's balcony. We have that cabin on the Hawaii 3/26/06 rt and are really looking forward to the trip. We're just concerned about the noise from above but it doesn't really matter, I guess, 'cause I'm not changing!!!!!

Archived