Parasailing Castaway Cay

Charlie Cruise

Need some help on this Parasailing Adventure:

I signed up my 3sons and I for parasailing on Castaway Cay

But Ididnt seethe more info. Button, nor did the sign in process flag my under age child.

Im ok with riding tandem withi my 11 year old who is is 105 lbs, and my 13 yr old who weighs 95 lbs. but, unfortunately my 9 yr old is Only 70lbs (minimum weight is 90lbs).

So, I eventually read the more info button after signing up for this excursion and realized my 9 year old is under weight limit, my 11 year old will need to ride with me and. My 13 year old Will probably Need to ride with me as well.

Any chance my 9 yr old. Can just ride in the boat with us and I can go Up tandem with the other two individually? I would eat the $79 bucks for him to at least b with brothers in ocean.

Any ideas or thoughts?

Charlie

Need some help on this Parasailing Adventure:

I signed up my 3sons and I for parasailing on Castaway Cay

But Ididnt seethe more info. Button, nor did the sign in process flag my under age child.

Im ok with riding tandem withi my 11 year old who is is 105 lbs, and my 13 yr old who weighs 95 lbs. but, unfortunately my 9 yr old is Only 70lbs (minimum weight is 90lbs).

So, I eventually read the more info button after signing up for this excursion and realized my 9 year old is under weight limit, my 11 year old will need to ride with me and. My 13 year old Will probably Need to ride with me as well.

Any chance my 9 yr old. Can just ride in the boat with us and I can go Up tandem with the other two individually? I would eat the $79 bucks for him to at least b with brothers in ocean.

Any ideas or thoughts?

Charlie

To answer your last question first. Per my reading of the information he can't just ride along.

Per the DCL website:

All Guests must have a paying ticket and no ride-along Guests are permitted.

However, you as the heaviest party may be able to ride tandem with the 9 yr old as your combined weight will be well above 90 lbs (and <375 I suppose).

The captain may have the 2 older children then parasail together or each alone depending on the wind conditions.

I'd call shoreside and try to get a commitment either way (get the name) but ultimately even if shoreside tells you that you can do it, it is ultimately up to the captain.

• 2 weeks later...

Well everything worked out great!!!. My 3 sons and I took the 11:00 parasailing slot while visiting CC on the 4 nt Dream may 26, 2013.

There were 9 people on board unfortunately so our time in the air was only about 10 mins. The two guides on our boat were very nice. Winds were at a high and the ocean was rocky, so they immediately said we had to go 2 at a time. That was our plan anyway as my 2 older sons (13 & 11) planned to ride together and my youngest (9 yr old) rode with me. Wel enjoyed being in the air with someone. The view of the ship was pheneomenal.

We really enjoyed ourselves and the people on our trip were very nice, each party took turns taking pictures with each others cameras, so we all got great shots of lift off, air shots and landing back on boat.

79$ per person was very reasonable especially when you add the actual parasailing, the boat ride out to sea, seeing the ship from the air and taking pictures it was great. The big bonus is getting back to island fun after only about 90 mins (includes check in and shuttle back to beach) just in time for lunch @ cookies. So 11:00 am was perfect as we went early, found a spot on the beach and took swim on before heading over to sign the waier and wait for our boat.

Definitely worth it.

Charlie :):)

Archived