Fat Or Hump Room Question On Radiance

Hello...Even though we've been on 14 cruises and have stayed in almost every cabin category, we have never been in a category D-1 hump or fat room until now. When we cruise on the Radiance in December, we will be in room 9078 which by the diagram looks like a bigger balcony, with only one side of our room having other passengers next to us.

I have read many posts where people have said they love these rooms, but I am just trying to get a feel of the room, balcony and surroundings compared to the other D-1 rooms.

Any information would be helpful, especially if any of you have stayed in one of these rooms.

Regards,

Dave

I will be staying in 9078 for the third time in September to Alaska. Twice on Serenade, (Canada) once on Radiance (Western carib)...

The balcony is quite large compared to the other D1 balconies. No problem fitting table, 2 chairs, 2 lounges with room to spare. The cabin is a bit larger also (204 sq. ft) than the E3 category.

I liked it as much as the Owners Suite on Empress (maybe not quite as much!!) but it's a great location, right near the elevators..no noise and very convenient.

A great choice!!

Have stayed in this cabin on Brilliance and also in 9092 on Jewel. The cabin is the same size as other D category cabins, but the balcony is larger. However, the balcony is shaded more than other balconies because of the overhang and curvature of the ship. We could fit two loungers and the table without any problem. I wasn't too crazy about the balcony divider on the elevator side of the cabin. It is steel, and did give me a bit of a claustrophic feeling at first, but I got over that fast enough. I always try to take these cabins when we sail Radiance class ships. These rooms are so convenient to the elevators and stairs, and there is no noise from the elevators.

I would pick 9576 or 9594, but keep in mind that others can see into your balcony due to the curvature of the ship. Any of the cabins on that side of the hump would be fine, but those two have a slightly larger balcony.

I have 9078 on the Radiance for the 14 night Hawaii cruise next May. I did have some concern about the balcony being private, but not anymore! Thanks everyone for the input.

Anyone have photos?

Thanks everyone for the input on the hump rooms on the Radiance. It would seem like the 9078 room we chose is not a bad choice. We are looking forward to it.

Any other input, photos of the room, or if someone is also staying in that room before December, the feedback is still welcome.

Thanks Again

Dave

Archived