Mdr

Mom2DylGrif

Ok, quick question. In the MDR's are men's nice shorts allowed, or cargo shorts and polo's?

Thanks!

Not what is called for, but I have seen it. Put in one pair of slacks & u are good to go . Polos are ok.

Ok, quick question. In the MDR's are men's nice shorts allowed, or cargo shorts and polo's?

Thanks!

Shorts are ok in the smaller of the two MDRs (evening dining). The larger of the MDRs and Le Bistro require long pants for guys (nice jeans ok).

Not what is called for, but I have seen it. Put in one pair of slacks & u are good to go . Polos are ok.

NCL's dress code allows shorts in all of the restaurants with the exception of the larger MDR and LeBristro and those allow jeans. A pair of slacks is not needed for freestyle cruising:rolleyes:.

Warm Breezes and roger001 are right: shorts are fine in all but two places.

Straight from NCL:

When it comes to what to wear, you can go resort casual or get decked-out and look your best - it’s your call. That’s the freedom of Freestyle Cruising. We even have special “Dress-Up or Not Night.” It’s the perfect opportunity to get your portrait taken with your family, that special someone or even with the ship’s Captain.

Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men. Swimwear is acceptable at the buffet and outdoor restaurant, but a shirt or a cover-up and footwear are required. Cruise casual is also allowed day and night on embarkation day.

Wear smart casual if you are eating dinner in the aft main dining room (our more formal dining room) and in Le Bistro on cruises longer than five days. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it’s jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes. Traditional Bermuda shorts along with long socks, loafers and a blazer are all acceptable on a Bermuda cruise.

We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants. You may want to pack a sweater too—air conditioning can be chilly.

I went in there FreeStylin in my birthday suit. I was served rather quickly...........a towel. I kid I kid.

If you go in there dressed nice they won't say anything. I don't believe in dressing up and went in there wearing a button-up short sleeve, nice cargo shorts, nice canvas flip-flops and a ball cap to match my shirt. They seated us with no complaints, they did ask me kindly to remove my hat at the table and all was well. I wear hats at all times, so you bet it was on as soon as I stepped out of there. No worries just don't look like you're homeless or just came from the pool.

Warm Breezes and roger001 are right: shorts are fine in all but two places.

Straight from NCL:

It is now called 'Step out night'..... They seem to have changed it from "Dress up or not". On our 17 Night we only had 1 step out night...and no one was that dressy. some men did wear sports coats and ladies glitzy tops over dress slacks....They all looked nice!

Archived