Oasis internet

We got off Oasis this morning and had multiple problems with the Internet. I was unable to get my iPad to connect for 4 days until a kind Cruise critic member solved the problem ( thanks a million for that!). It was slow to log on and often I had to keep trying repeatedly for half an hour. The Internet experts on board could offer no suggestions about why my iPad didn't work, so without Cruise Critic we would have had a problem.

Not sure how you could rely on the Internet if it was absolutely essential. We were desperate to contact our grown up kids before they flew out to Thailand, so it was a worry but it didn't affect us like it would if we needed to stay in contact with business. On a sea day the system just couldn't cope as so many wanted to use it.

By the way, Diamond level get only 30 mins free internet, not 60 mins as stated, though Mu husband and I obviously got twice that in total.

Internet on Enchantment of the Seas the previous week was very good, incidentally. Had no problems on Allure at Christmas, too.

Cost of Internet was 75 cents a minute, and when it worked it seemed to work all over the ship. Was able to us wifi in the cabin..... but it was very variable and frequently 'down.'

Had a great cruise despite problems with Internet! She is a wonderful ship and can't wait to sail on her again.

Just off the Oasis. Internet worked great on our ipads in our stateroom. It would cut out a lot but still better than most cruise ships. I thought the Mariner had better wifi but was still very happy. You can use your minutes until you get off the ship! I found the ship's computers to be very slow! I used one to print our boarding passes!

We got off Oasis this morning and had multiple problems with the Internet. I was unable to get my iPad to connect for 4 days until a kind Cruise critic member solved the problem ( thanks a million for that!). It was slow to log on and often I had to keep trying repeatedly for half an hour. The Internet experts on board could offer no suggestions about why my iPad didn't work, so without Cruise Critic we would have had a problem.

Not sure how you could rely on the Internet if it was absolutely essential. We were desperate to contact our grown up kids before they flew out to Thailand, so it was a worry but it didn't affect us like it would if we needed to stay in contact with business. On a sea day the system just couldn't cope as so many wanted to use it.

By the way, Diamond level get only 30 mins free internet, not 60 mins as stated, though Mu husband and I obviously got twice that in total.

Internet on Enchantment of the Seas the previous week was very good, incidentally. Had no problems on Allure at Christmas, too.

As I stated in my post #24..the key word was "Combined" credit which equaled 60 min...sorry you misunderstood.

;)

As I stated in my post #24..the key word was "Combined" credit which equaled 60 min...sorry you misunderstood.

Oops, sorry about that! Think I must be suffering from just having got off a cruise! Of course the combined total wild be 60 mins.

Off Oasis June 1. Internet speed was horrible - reminded me of dial up days- only worse. Plus because the computer is unknown, many sites require you to do some additional log in stuff (like entering a special code that is shown on the screen). So, it takes even longer to log in. And, while trying to log in to my email and doing the special log in stuff required for the unknown computer, the speed was too slow to even get the special code. Kept saying it was unable to display it. So, spent about 10 minutes trying to log in to get stuff off my email. (wanted to add something for my excursion that I booked outside of RCCL). was pretty frustrating and really, my only complaint about the entire experience on board. I'd say steer clear of internet if at all possible.

If I bring an iPad, can I connect on a per minute basis, or do I have to buy at least a 30 or 60 minute package? Probably would only need to connect once or twice during the cruise, and was hoping to compose all my emails offline and then just connect to send them.

If I bring an iPad, can I connect on a per minute basis, or do I have to buy at least a 30 or 60 minute package? Probably would only need to connect once or twice during the cruise, and was hoping to compose all my emails offline and then just connect to send them.

You do not have to buy a package. My sister bought a small package for .67 per minute but if you don't buy a package it's .75 per minute. Just keep in mind that it will take longer than you expect. Also, as previously mentioned in other posts, many of the ports have free wifi in bars and restaurants. I know they had it in Cozumel so if you only need to use it once and can wait til then, you could do that.

Archived