Best restaurants to eat with kids

Robinhill

Can anyone help with giving me some info regarding what has been your experience for the best restaurants to take a child (age 6) in the following cities: Fairbanks, the Denali Park area, and Anchorage. Ones with kids menus will help etc. Casual restaurants- nothing fancy. Thanks

For Anchorage I would suggest Moose's Tooth pizza or the Bear Tooth if you don't want to wait. The Bear Tooth theater sometimes plays kids movies, check the schedule. You order your pizza first, go into the movie and they bring it to you during the show. Or if you just want to eat there, the Bear Tooth pub is inside the theater area and you can sit and have pizza without the wait at the Moose's Tooth. The Bear Tooth grill side is not as kid friendly.

Denali Park area does not have many restaurants most on cruise ship run and are only open during the summer.

My favorite places to eat in Fairbanks is Thai house on fifth street. Not sure about a kids menu but they have excellent Thai food.

For Anchorage I would suggest Moose's Tooth pizza or the Bear Tooth if you don't want to wait. The Bear Tooth theater sometimes plays kids movies, check the schedule. You order your pizza first, go into the movie and they bring it to you during the show. Or if you just want to eat there, the Bear Tooth pub is inside the theater area and you can sit and have pizza without the wait at the Moose's Tooth. The Bear Tooth grill side is not as kid friendly.

Denali Park area does not have many restaurants most on cruise ship run and are only open during the summer.

My favorite places to eat in Fairbanks is Thai house on fifth street. Not sure about a kids menu but they have excellent Thai food.

Terella- thanks so much for your help and information! The Moose's Tooth Pizza sounds fun and I think my grandson would really like it.

Robin

Anchorage has most of the chain restaurants... Applebee's, Red Robin, TGI Fridays, Golden Corral... But the Moose's Tooth/Bear Tooth does have good pizza.

At Denali, will you have your own vehicle and where are you staying?

Terella- thanks so much for your help and information! The Moose's Tooth Pizza sounds fun and I think my grandson would really like it.

Robin

Be warned these are very popular places (ate at Moose's Tooth yesterday, a Thursday (we got there about 11:10) and by 12:00 the parking was out of their lot and on the side streets), and, they don't take reservations, so, my advice is go early, or at an off time.

Bear's Tooth gets the same way, and, over there definitely park in their lot, because, if you park across the street, those stores, call and get people towed!

Susan in Anchorage :)

Archived