CP Question- Lido Deck L256- Balcony Covered?

coolkris666

Im going on the august 27th western caribbean and have been on the baja deck before..this time we're on the lido deck..wondering if the cabin is covered like baja or is it alot different? also is the noise from the pool and buffet a problem?was this a good deck or a bad one?

Thanks for the pictures Monk. If you don't mind another quick question. We're there any lights bright enough to read by out on your Riviera Deck balcony? Did the overhang bother you at all? Much noise from the pool deck?

Thanks!

Scott

Scott,

Each balcony has a light you can turn on and off from inside your cabin. No other lights out there on the Riviera Deck. As far as noise from the deck above, yes, you can hear it when somebody runs on the deck, stomping around like an elephant or else you can hear it in the morning when they are hosing down the pool deck and moving tables and chairs. Otherwise, it's really no big deal. When you go inside the cabin and close the door, it's very quiet. We loved it out there. The overhang didn't both us at all. It gave some shade, depending on the position of the Sun. No worries.

The Monk

Thanks Monk! I knew you would know. BTW I enjoyed reading your posts and comments on the Carribean as we planned our first trip on her last summer (the cruise was in Nov 2004). We liked the ship so much we are going back on this Nov the same week.

Actually turns out I didn't need to ask....got a non-free but cheap upgrade to one of the big Caribe balcony cabins almost perfectly midship. Very excited about the new room. :)

Thanks again;

Scott

Thanks Monk! I knew you would know. BTW I enjoyed reading your posts and comments on the Carribean as we planned our first trip on her last summer (the cruise was in Nov 2004). We liked the ship so much we are going back on this Nov the same week.

Actually turns out I didn't need to ask....got a non-free but cheap upgrade to one of the big Caribe balcony cabins almost perfectly midship. Very excited about the new room. :)

Thanks again;

Scott

I envy you on that giant Caribe deck balcony. Be sure to eat a few of those succulent lobster tails for me!

The Monk

Hi Sunnyv;

We had a couple on the Caribbean Princess too. Some pretty good ones too. The night we were in St. Thomas and swam with the sea turtles she made a turtle towel and the best one was on our anniversary. We got kissing swans with the necks in kinda a heart shape. Very cool. :) We had a couple others too but I don't remember them all.

Here's a couple pictures of them:

http://www.expertpc.net/cruises/photos/pic1.jpg

http://www.expertpc.net/cruises/photos/pic2.jpg

Scott

Archived