When do you get to the pier?

sotadragon

Regardless of when you fly in, what time do you like to get to the port? As early as possible? A couple of hours before sail away? At the last minute? I'm curious to get everyone's opinion of the "best" time to get there. :)

I prefer to be there no later than 11am. By the time you check-in and they are ready to board the ship, it will be lunch time and the buffet will be open for the initial grazing. You paid for it so you might as well take advantage of it. Besides the ship is a bit calmer when just a few people are on it. You will have no problem getting a chair by the pool because there are no chairhogs to deal with yet.

I drive or will fly next time the day before regardless of where I'm sailing from.

I Like to get there early in the morning, no later than 10 if possible. I want every minute I can get!

Happy Cruising,

Donna

Thanks for the replies! I was almost thinking we should maybe wait until a little later to get to the pier for this next cruise, but I don't know. I've heard some people say that if you get there just a little while before the ship leaves the lines are either really short or non-existent to get on the ship and checking in takes no time at all. Last cruise we got to the pier at about 9:30-10:00 for a 4pm sailing and while we did wait what seemd like a long time, I guess it wasn't too bad. Just that Ft Lauderdale isn't even close to being set up for current security regulations (lining up in the warehouse after waiting for all the debarking passengers to get their luggage out of there and Customs to release it :eek:, instead of having a separate place set up).

Archived