Tell me about the Victory!?!

ritarussell

My hubby and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary next year and we are trying to find a nice trip for the two of us. We've never done the Eastern Caribbean and were looking into the Victory 7-night to San Juan St Thomas and St Marteen. Anyone taken this cruise and would you recommend this ship and/or itinerary? Also - how are the suites on this ship. Is it worth the extra money to get Cat 11 or 12 - or is the balcony cabin good enough. Thanks for your help!!

We went on the Victory, Eastern itinerary, in April for our honeymoon and had an incredible time. The ship is beautiful, the food and service great. We had a balcony room, and it was larger than I expected. Plenty of room for two people, lots of storage. It was outfitted with the new bedding, very clean, and even the bathroom was bigger than I had expected. There is so much to do and see on the ship!! St. Thomas and St. Maarten are, of course, really nice too!!

We were on the Victory May 1, 05 to May 8th, Eastern. We had a wonderful time. This is a great ship, beautiful. We never felt crowded. We had an OV room and loved it. Was very quiet. The food was great and the service too.

We loved St, Thomas the most and did a tour with Godfrey for $20.00 pp. We got a great tour of the Island with many kodak stops and stopped at the beach. The Island is breathtaking, especailly Meghan'sBay.

We got to San Juan 2 1/2 hours early which gave us more time to tour. St. Maarteen was beautiful also but it was very hot the day we were there.

I am sure which ever ship you choose you'll have a great time.

Loved it!!!! The balcony rooms were larger than we expected and I'll never go back to another room...LOL The ports of call are all beautiful, and there is plenty to do planned or not planned.

Your best bet is to use these boards and gather all of the ifo you can and decide what best fits your interests in excursions.

Here is a link to our pictures....there are some of the room to give you an idea of the size.:D

http://home.comcast.net/~pjkelly/pjkelly.html

We cruised the Victory 04/04/04 and 04/03/05!

Love her! We had cat 9A aft wrap around cabin, we loved it!

Best cheeseburgers of any Carnival ship we have been on!

We also went on Godfrey's tour (2nd time!).

I recomend Lord Sheffield's tall ship in St Martin!

Like JerryMac....we were on the Victory back in April. It was the best cruise we've had yet, and we have sailed with Carnival 8 times already (with another one coming up in just 3 more weeks).

The ship, the crew, the food, the entertainment were all terrific! No complaints whatsoever!! We would not hesitate to take that cruise again. You can't go wrong with this one. So go for it!

:cool: Bill & Leila :rolleyes:

Archived