Carnival new low-carb menu!

Carnival is going to start having a low-carb selections on their menu. Even a low carb bread.

Guess everyone was asking for special foods or asking to delete items. With all the low-carb plans, they decide to go with it! Good for them.

Starting on the Victory this week and the rest of the ships in a month

Anyone up for a "taste test"?

I had "sworn" (years ago after a terrible experience on Jubilee) to NEVER travel on CCL again.. but..I think I may give them another chance.. (esp. after our last diningroom difficulties on the Brilliance).

Carolyn

Thank You Carnival!!!! I really hope that the low carb menu will have started on the Triumph when I start my cruise on May 8. I had said that I would not really be strict with my WOE while on the cruise, but I will definitely try these options if they sound good! Can't wait. My DH and I just keep going back to Carnival...have only had good experiences with them.

Mary Ann icon_smile.gificon_cool.gificon_smile.gif

Proud Member of O.A.T.C.

"The Big Red Boat" 10/87

Royal Majesty 5/97

Sea Princess 3/01

Carnival Triumph 1/02

Carnival Sensation 10/02

Carnival Triumph 5/04

Carolyn give Carnival another chance.

Our last two before the Vision were Carnival.

The food was good, service excellent. Their coming out with these really nice ships.

Next time we go, I'll try some of the items on the new menu.

Mag your time is almost here to cruise, tell us how the food is if they have the new menu already. Bon Voyage!

I'm one of the problem peopleicon_smile.gif On the last three cruises with Carnival, 1/03, 12/03 & 4/04, I let them know I didn't want the bread and ordered two or three entrays and ate the meat and some vegies. Some people demanded no sauces which cause problems as they make them up ahead.

I may have some issues with Carnival but they do know how to make money. They saw a marketing strat. and jumped on it. They had already set up a couple low carb cruises. I was thinking of booking one 1/05. To have the menu across the line will be just great.

Melody

Paradise, 9-5-04

Holiday, 4-10-04

Inspiration, 11-30-03

Inspiration, 1-26-03

Victory,3-31-02

Sensation, 11-28-98

Holiday, 3-19-94

It's been a LONG time since our "carnival" incident.. we "almost" jumped ship.. taking them up on the "satisfaction guarantee" that they were advertising 6 years ago... but since the first port was 2 days after sailing we'd actually "lose" money if we got off in PV and then had to fly back to LA .. and then fly east again or kill a few days on the coast. So we stuck it out.. at least Alex had a good time in the kids program, Libby was too young for it then... it was her first cruise.. and it was IMPOSSIBLE to get a plate of macaroni for her w/o any sauce.. let alone any special request.. food was WORSE than MckyDs... didn't have any expectations when we got on.. was glad just to go in Feb on a cruise and between the crew and the rude <smoking> passengers it was a disaster.

"BUT" something do change for the better... and "if" the price was "right" I'd be a sport and try it.. <don't think my DH will ever step foot on a "C" [i'm not allowed to say the word in his presence) ship again... we've been offered free cruises in the past on them and turned them down in a heartbeat)

Carolyn

Carolyn I think you'll see the food and service has improved. We think so, but this is our opinion only. But I've never had a "bad cruise"

gone on 11 of them, different cruise lines.

Every cruise has things I like and somethings I don't but it doesn't stop me from having a great time!

I have read where quite of lot of people think so to. Now some think Carnival is better than Royal Carribean.

Will never know unless you give it a try!

Our next cruise may be on Carnival again.

Still think it's nice for them to give low-carb choices for people who want it. I bet other lines will follow. Just read an airline was going to offer low-carb to. Think it was American but not sure.

Where ever any of us cruise..whatever line we

use..My wish is for us to never "gain weight" and to ALWAYS have a GREAT TIME!

Just off the Carnival Glory and the food on board was better than RCCL and much better than NCL. Made me realize how much I dislike Freestyle dining and, I'm happy to report, we were able to get pasta with no sauce by just asking the waiter.

This was easily the best cruise I've been on in terms of food/service/amenities/cleanliness and entertainment.

The Glory recently scored a perfect 100 from the CDC in terms of sanitation.

Sovereign of the Seas (11/89)

Monarch of the Seas (8/99)

Norwegian Sea (7/02)

Carnival Glory (4/17/04)

Uh Oh Carolyn - beware what you wish for !! *LOL* I saw your post saying we should try Carnival again..........Hubby went on the Triumph a couple of years ago and had wonderful things to say about it - the Victory sails out of Charleston in May and October.......guess who is booked on the Victory in October? *GASP*!!!!! ME!!! I better change my sig ! *LOL*

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2003;05;04;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 May 4, 2003 Norway Cruise Countdown

Bermuda Star Line, Premier, 1 Carnival Mistake, Crown Majesty, Royal Cruise Lines, NCL, RCCL, Princess, Celebrity

**Hubby went on the 10/26/03 repositioning cruise on the Sea - and I redecorated the Living Room!! :-) **

Hope,

Didn't this new post till now.. By October I'm going to be SO in need of a cruise/getaway... totally stressed out from parents.. and summer's on its way w/kidlets--coordinating their camps and such.. if I survive.. Mike's also in the big travel swing now.. so he's going to OWE me..

Know what you mean about "trying it again" (GASP).... it's been a little over 6 years and it WAS on Jubilee (their bucket of bolts).

Carolyn

Just wondering if anybody knows if the Fascination has low carb menu yet? icon_confused.gif

We sail May 21, & hubby & I are both low carbers.

I have lost 56lbs, & he has lost 30lbs. icon_biggrin.gif

We were considering a RCI cruise with our 3 young kids in November 2004, may just need to look into another CCL for that cruise with low carb happening on board. icon_cool.gif Are all the ships within CCL going low carb?

THANKS for any info! icon_wink.gif

First time cruisin!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;21;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until Carnival Fascination 5/21/04 Bahamas

Archived