!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

The I decided to check my Facebook and I noticed that Shaun had send me a message. I texted him back and he told me I could stop by his S6 suite to pick up some wine and champagne that he was generous enough to give to me. I also wanted to go get some pictures of his suite for the review.

Meeting Shaun and his wife was a real pleasure, they were so nice and friendly. After so much time that we had spent talking online it was nice to finally put a face on his screen name.

While I was in their incredible room, I took some pictures.

DSC06351_zps14feeb06.jpg

DSC06352_zps2bbb1c2f.jpg

DSC06353_zps273a50be.jpg

DSC06354_zps369fd43f.jpg

DSC06355_zps6fa39ecf.jpg

DSC06356_zpse81da080.jpg

By the way, this room had a ridiculous amount of storage!

DSC06374_zps8a7ceef6.jpg

Everywhere you looked there was more storage. That is something that lacks on the regular rooms.

DSC06375_zps13d367ca.jpg

We talked for a little while, but soon enough we heard the muster announcement. So mom and I rushed to the room to drop off the bottles and then headed towards our muster station.

Our station was on the Manhattan room, all I can say about muster is that it was incredibly short. Like 1 minute short, just crazy. I mean I don't complain, but in case on an emergency I am not sure how that would work. At least we knew where our station was, lol.

I took this picture while I was leaving the manhattan room. Notice that it is the empire state building upside down, neat huh?

DSC06379_zps2d6b77c0.jpg

So after our very comprehensive Muster drill mom and headed up to the room for sail away. I wanted to be there early because SliceofLife was going to meet us there with her husband.

I took a few pictures while I waited for them to arrive to our room.

DSC06382_zps8e941895.jpg

DSC06385_zps36d0bfc1.jpg

DSC06387_zpse060b41d.jpg

DSC06388_zps6134531a.jpg

DSC06389_zpsb0735abf.jpg

DSC06391_zpse7c633de.jpg

MrFunInTheSun: Doing live reviews with quality pictures is a real pain, my hat goes off to those who do it.

newcruiser48: Thank you =)

smileysmiley: I think I will do Getaway at some point, I just need the prices to go down a little. Looks like a fun ship. I wonder how it will differ from the Breakaway.

Swim: I know right, the ship is Stunning, I absolutely loved the way it looked inside. By the way, I have some insane pictures of Horseshoe Bay. The funny thing is that I have not even seen them yet, well only on the cam. No time. lol

melody hounddog: You're welcome =)

fabnfortusomething: MDR waits are an issue that NCL should address before they start loosing repeating customers. For us it was not that much of an issue, but I know a lot of people were upset over it.

baffy: It is pretty neat, thank you for reading =)

Thanks so much for the docs and pics of the children's area...our 4 yr old will be going and she's super excited about all the Nickelodeon stuff. When she saw the pics she started jumping up and down lol.

Keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out so we can book that room like I want to...that balcony.../drool....

The I decided to check my Facebook and I noticed that Shaun had send me a message. I texted him back and he told me I could stop by his S6 suite to pick up some wine and champagne that he was generous enough to give to me. I also wanted to go get some pictures of his suite for the review.

Meeting Shaun and his wife was a real pleasure, they were so nice and friendly. After so much time that we had spent talking online it was nice to finally put a face on his screen name.

While I was in their incredible room, I took some pictures.

I don't remember this!!! Who let you in??:mad::mad:

I remember trying to watch you sail down the Hudson on the NY Harbor Webcam and could hardly see anything but fog. I was so disappointed. I still haven't seen the Breakaway sail out yet. Either bad weather or not home to watch it. But, I did see it docked and sail away in Bermuda. Good looking ship inside and out. Can't wait to see the rest of it. Also Bermuda, since I can't be there next week. :(

Just having myself a pity party. :rolleyes:

Gwen :)

Indeed! Was just telling him his photos look gorgeous and he had the nerve to say he doesn't agree! All your readers will probably DISagree with you, Gambee!

I DISagree with Gambee! And AGREE with you, Sarah, they ARE georgeous!!

I am always amazed at Gambee's pictures!! I also love how they help bring the story to life. The pictures are so vivid and flow together...it just seems like I'm there with him!

Hi Gambee,

Boy, you have raised your game with this review! I put on 3lbs just looking at the pictures of Carlo's Bakery!:D Even in the poor weather, it must be amazing to sail from Manhattan, what a skyline. Looking forward to your review in sunnier climes. Keep up the good work! Ken

psycomac: You're very welcome, I only go there to get the pictures for CC members. Glad to know they are getting good use.

Shaun: You might need to refresh your memory :D.

Cruzinlady: Yeah the weather was just pathetic, but you make what you can of it. She is certainly a very nice ship, NCL did their research when making this ship.

English101: Thank you :)

CruiseIreland: No worries I actually gained 3 lbs while there. The pictures with better weather are much much better, can't wait to share them. Thank you Ken :)

Stellarose: Will do :)

vicnkojo: Accepted :-).

Vcinsaniy1523: Accepted =)

Sarah: thank you :p

Pyrrhus: Too late, I think they are going to add the coin slot tomorrow in Bermuda.

Then we entered our room, OMG OMG OMG THAT ROOM!!!!!!!

Well to be fair the room was ok, but that BALCONY!!!!!!

DSC06085_zps164a42ef.jpg

Remember folks, do your research and you will be compensated. I had been calling out this room back in december and I can remember all those discussions… But in the end, this balcony was much better than I expected it to be. Actually it is wider than the room itself as it takes a little of the suites space. Trust me that suite can spare the space :D.

So anyway back to the story, when we entered the room we saw a bunch of goodies waiting for us.

I believe they gave one book per room, one day there was a lady in the hot tub complaining that in her room of 3 people all with different last names and they were only given one book. She told us that they got into an argument with their cabin steward over it. I wont comment on what I think about this…

The coins, don't ask me why they gave them. They had no markings whatsoever of anything related to Breakaway or NCL for that matter and when I asked about them, I was told they were good for nothing, lol.

But the book, OMG, it is soooooo nice! Thank you NCL :). I know the TA did not get it, I am very grateful we did. Maybe the books were brought onboard in NY?

DSC06076_zps41c20dbb.jpg

There was also this little bag,

DSC06080_zpsc8e3aabc.jpg

Another Great review! Love the aft. cabins!!!

Joanne

Wheeewww...finally all caught up! What a GREAT review - love all of the pictures.

Thanks Gambee! :D

Nice to have you here :)

Gambee: thanks so much for the info sheet on Vibe and for your efforts in getting it! You have gone above and beyond!!!!

You're very welcome.

Another Great review! Love the aft. cabins!!!

Joanne

Thank you, we loved it as well. Too bad they are so expensive.

Wheeewww...finally all caught up! What a GREAT review - love all of the pictures.

Thanks Gambee! :D

Just caught up as well - thanks for the link! Not that I'm wanting summer to pass by (to get us both into September)... but we all know how fast it will pass. :eek:

Gambee, loving the attention to detail ! ! !

Tom

Gambee,

Off to another stellar start. I sit with my wine and read and view all the great pictures.

If you are ever in the Boston area I can teach you how to sail. However, being that you live in FLA I am sure you wont have to go far to find a school. :D It is great freedom to be on your own boat and in control.

Bill

Gambee,

Off to another stellar start. I sit with my wine and read and view all the great pictures.

If you are ever in the Boston area I can teach you how to sail. However, being that you live in FLA I am sure you wont have to go far to find a school. :D It is great freedom to be on your own boat and in control.

Bill

Thank you very much for your offer :). Maybe one day.

Glad I can provide you with entertainment while you drink your wine.