!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

DSC07345_zps79a8fe5c.jpg

DSC07347_zps20611049.jpg

DSC07348_zps51d5fef5.jpg

DSC07352_zpse3f2d194.jpg

We got off on deck 7 and I finally found the bowling alley. It is hidden back there. Or wait a minute did I see it on day one? Can't remember, anyway here it is. I think on day 3 I go bowling with a small CC group. I will go into details later on.

DSC07355_zps9b4cf371.jpg

DSC07356_zps181e0127.jpg

DSC07375_zpsa51df0f5.jpg

DSC07376_zpsae3655bb.jpg

DSC07385_zps13dbfb29.jpg

DSC07389_zpsdda04b75.jpg

This is a very nice area, just wish they had at least some chairs there to relax a little and enjoy yourself.

Remember that I said about the red color, anyway here is a good video of the color. And he is right, it totally does look like the reflection of the sun in the water. I am not sure how I did not gather that at the time, too much to drink :confused:

DSC07404_zpse004e41d.jpg

Once in the room I decided to order room service. You are going to kill me, I never left the room again that evening, it had been such an emotional day that I was fully drained out. The funny thing is that I ordered room service twice. To order room service it has to be done by phone, unlike RCCL and X. I much rather order from the TV.

I believe I just stayed in the room, watched TV, used the internet which by the way is good on average. You can tell how fast it is going to be, by the wait times while loading the login page. If it is taking too long to get to the log in page I suggest to not use it, and just wait until it becomes less crowded. Logging in is pretty simple, unfortunately I did not take screen shots of the process. This time I did not purchased any plans, I just went by the minute, and it worked great for me. I want to say that in total I used about $20, granted I had unlimited internet in Bermuda for $15, so that must have helped a lot.

I also remember my mom going out and about, she actually did go out for several hours and walk around. She said that fire and ice was great, and the karaoke was packed. I was simply too tired to even get out of bed, I am getting old =(.

Anyway here the room service menu.

DSC07411_zpse6e6e71f.jpg

DSC07412_zps252b6ff7.jpg

DSC07413_zps35b9dd7f.jpg

Remember I ordered two times, one at 6pm and the other around 9pm

Fruit platter, good.

DSC07422_zpsb30a2894.jpg

Grilled cheese, blahhhhh

DSC07423_zps0f9e61e0.jpg

macaroni and cheese, average

DSC07424_zps7fee624c.jpg

Chicken soup, good

DSC07426_zpsb9ba23f3.jpg

Tuna samich. Tasty =)

DSC07421_zps46943577.jpg

And my burger, was GREAT!!!

DSC07420_zps2299eb8c.jpg

Sponge cake, average

DSC07419_zpsbc152957.jpg

Overall I think this is the best room service I have ever had in a ship. The wait time was less than the 45minutes that I was told. And the food was all very hot and tasted fresh. I was very happy with this.

We also missed our reservation for the comedy show that night, but no worries I still got to see it :).

Overall it was a good day, yes I had a few issues with customer service. But I also met some incredible people and that made it all worth it. No worries folks, the cruise goes pretty smooth from now one, the only other issue I recall was meeting Peter Max. That was on day 3, I will post all about it when I get to that.

That night they had a party upstairs and I could hear the music from my balcony, all great music. I wished I was not so tired and that I had gone, but vacations are all about enjoying yourself doing what you want at that moment.

I got a little video from the party upstairs.

I believe its rock the boat?

Day 3, Ending.

Hope everyone enjoys.

Ok folks, as promised day 2 finished, fewwwww. Now I have to run to work and I will get started on selecting the pictures for day 3 tomorrow. I might be able to post a little tomorrow, but not sure. Sunday I should be able to catchup on a lot.

As I read this I really need to stop comparing it to the Epic and judge the new ship on her own merits.

Pretty sure I like the Epic Spice H2O layout a good bit better though. Don't think I even need to comment on those regular balconies though. :) I really like that there is a good amount of areas where you connect to the sea, unlike Epic.

Looking forward to the rest of the review.

As I read this I really need to stop comparing it to the Epic and judge the new ship on her own merits.

Pretty sure I like the Epic Spice H2O layout a good bit better though. Don't think I even need to comment on those regular balconies though. :) I really like that there is a good amount of areas where you connect to the sea, unlike Epic.

Looking forward to the rest of the review.

I'm doing the same ... and also comparing a lot to royal caribbean. I really miss the rocking chairs and just regular chairs that are all over royal caribbean's open decks for you to sit on, relax, read, whatever. An example would be deck 8 of the breakaway - perfect place for them, and yet there aren't any. :confused: Definitely liking Spice better on the Epic.

Bugsy: Thank you Chris :)

lyndamr: I am not sure how much ill be able to get done by then, by I should be close to finishing I think.

BonTexasNY: Thank you

mamagina: Yeah that was very disappointing, it took so much out of me to talk to her. I was really hopping for her to fix it for me, but what can you do.

wednesday: They are indeed very small, hard to justify spending that much more money on a balcony.

stout: 1. That was one of my biggest concerns with NCL, that the heaven area would just take too much space. And while I admit it does take a good portion of the ship. The ship never felt crowded to us. I heard someone saying that the slides take too much space, honestly I loved them and thought it was space well used. Like I said, I will most likely not travel heaven in the near future. But I felt that the ship did great at proving good space for everyone.

2. Slides never got crowded, the rap course had a line one day, but nothing horrible. The times for the slides are much longer than the rope course. Not really the freestyle system works as advertised, the only planning to do are the shows. But in all honesty, I think that even those you can just get in the stand by line and get in. We did that with no problem.

SliceOfLife: I was so glad to see you there with Ebony, thank you for having us in your table. But yeah that meet and greet was a little disappointing. And I was a little upset over the Julie situation.

Lyndamr: I believe they change the time on the second day at sea.

Shaun: Are you kidding me? you gave me bad info grrrrrrrrr. lol

Tom-n-Cheryl: I love them with just ketchup, but the problem was that the hotdog itself was a little chewy.

js: You crack me up :D

ColinIllinois: I pretty much agree with everything you said. Thank you hope you keep enjoying it.

SissasMemE: They are not slippery. But they are different length stairs and the way they curve are just dangerous. On really bad sea days I can imagine people having trouble with them.

DSC07325_zps41e2f01a.jpg

DSC07328_zps3b5af4dd.jpg

Dandy7 said the place is great and worth the money. Please don't ask me why no one is there and the place is sold out! I am not sure, I actually went to the bar in the other side to ask. And the bartender told me it was open, I could of swore it was closed. Why no people? Anyway the place was nice and for $20 I would buy it for one sea day, it seemed like a nice place to relax and have a drink. I specially like the roof in the Jacuzzis.

We kept on walking, I wanted to see the promenade area in front of the ship.

I took this pictures on the way there.

Yup! It was nice and quiet. I believe this pic was taken on Monday late afternoon when the sun finally came out. It might be the reason nobody's there. I was there the next day when the weather was good and there were more people at Vibe. Still not full. However, walking around various decks that day all lounges appeared to be taken. The sun decks were packed with people. I don't think we fully experienced what this ship would be like if we had multiple good days @ sea. BTW, glad I actually made it on your review. Your pic of the person on the jogging track caught the wife (back towards the camera) and I sitting (w/towel on legs)on a lounge chair waiting for the sun to come out on Monday morning(?). I'm nearly famous!!:D

Really shocked at the size of the balconies (the smaller ones). I think I might like the "virtual" balconies on the upcoming RC Quantum better. Nothing in the way of the view.:p Plus don't have to worry about anybody spying on me.:eek:

Can't wait until the next installment. Great job so far. Enjoying every minute of it.

We have the voice now. Next comes a picture.....right? And not the reflection either. ;)

Thanks,

Gwen :)

As usual, Gambee, your review and pictures are spectacular!!! Thanks for taking the time to write this review - I have been looking forward to it. Can't wait for your thoughts and pix of Bermuda. We will be sailing there in October :D