!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

We got seated fairly fast and service was good, nothing major to complain about. At some point during dinner a ship photographer came to take our pictures, I am not a fan of this, but I always cooperate. That happened a few times during the cruise, but not more than in our Allure cruise. I have yet to purchase a picture in a cruise, usually I can yield the same results for free.

DSC06513_zps19922a76.jpg

DSC06514_zps84372663.jpg

DSC06515_zps30ff26f7.jpg

DSC06516_zpsd903b32a.jpg

They bring you some oils to dip the bread in. One of them was very tasty, I thinit was the one to the left.

DSC06517_zps4ae9c736.jpg

DSC06518_zps99ebaf0a.jpg

Lobster fettuccini, it was cooked al Dente perfectly. Unfortunately, the lobster was way over cooked.

DSC06532_zps3fadd9fb.jpg

Mom ordered the risotto. It had an incredible amount of a very strong cheese in it. It made it taste very weird. And the main issue was that it made my mom very sick after she went to bed. Not sure what it was, but I would not recommend this to anyone! And you guys know how much I love cheese. This dish was horrible.

DSC06534_zps0f322024.jpg

Restaurant still pretty empty.

DSC06536_zps810e989d.jpg

DSC06535_zps8db44fd4.jpg

Mom got chocolate tart, it was ok I guess. Too rich for my taste.

DSC06538_zpsfbed6a5d.jpg

And I had the pannacotta, it was very good.

DSC06540_zps4b48167a.jpg

DSC06542_zps82fac9ba.jpg

DSC06544_zps467207f4.jpg

DSC06548_zps5bc290db.jpg

Overall La Cucina is my least favorite restaurant, I don't think Ill ever go there again. I did visit this venue again with Shaun, and it was a slightly better experience, but still subpar compared to other venues aboard breakaway. Good Italian food is easy to find in south Florida, this felt more like an Olive Garden… A few other people that I talked to felt a similar way about it.

After dinner we went to burn the floor, I took these pics prior the show started.

DSC06549_zps9d8f88a2.jpg

DSC06551_zps9f7d7514.jpg

DSC06553_zps326d8fb1.jpg

DSC06562_zps58834d7c.jpg

Obviously I did not take pictures of the show. Not much to say here, you all know that I am not one for shows and much less one that involves dancing. I actually walked out about 10 minutes after it started, my mom went back again later on during the week, but she also walked out. The overall feeling about the show is mixed, some people love it and some hated it. I will say that the dancers are very talented and very very hot, but that is pretty much it for me. I guess if dancing shows are your thing then you're in luck :D.

Ok lets talk about the Iphone Iconcierge app, it is really amazing you can do so much in it. The real problem is that half of the time the app was down, but when it worked it was really impressive. You can make reservations, book shows and check on your account. You can also communicate with others in the ship for $8 total per device, I think. Very neat app, once they get it fully running it will make cruising so much easier. I am not sure why other cruise lines have not done this yet, very nice app.

So after we got out of burn the floor, we decided to go to guest services to ask a few questions for my fellow CC members. This when I realized that I did not want to deal with guest services at all. Let me try to explain what happened. I approached the counter and asked him if I could ask a few questions. He goes, "Fine" and slightly rolled his eyes. At that point I looked at my mom, and we both looked puzzled. It was then that I decided that I was going to ask one question and get out of there before I got frustrated. I asked him if he could tell me the closing hours of Vibe, then he turns and tells me "We are sold out", I told him I did not ask you that, I just want to know the hours. He then said wait a minute, after a few seconds he gave me a printout with the info of Vibe. I was really frustrated, he was so rude, I could not believe that they had someone like that in the counter. No smiles or anything, rarely any visual contact with his face. I grabbed the paper and left, I decided to find the answers to my questions later on in another way.

I am not sure what happened that night, but that is no way to treat a customer. Shame on you for making me feel like that after I was having such a great time. NCL check your employees attitudes! By the way, this was not the only bad encounter that I had with customer service, I will get into that later. And for the record, I don't think I have ever complained about something like this on my other reviews. Actually I think I only complained once about service in my reviews. I have a very high tolerance for bad service as I am aware of that it takes being in that position. But when you're rude to me, well that is my breaking point.

After that we walked by Fire and Ice, she is such a talented singer. She is just great! Don't miss her shows.

DSC06566_zps2f4304ea.jpg

Looking down to the Atrium. By the way those tables were either broken or out of service.

DSC06570_zpsc66ba68f.jpg

Then we stopped by Bliss to check out the Karaoke. Personally I think the setup is not that good with all the space in the middle. But mom says that one time she was there, and some people were dancing in the dance floor. I liked the Karaoke in the Allure much better, because there are chairs all over and it feels more personal.

A lot of people seem to like Bliss better on Epic, I can't comment on that since I have yet to travel Epic.

DSC06583_zps274a1a39.jpg

DSC06580_zpsf5db54ef.jpg

We also stopped by dueling pianos, but the place was packed, so we left.

DSC06599_zps2685b7f5.jpg

After that we went to the atrium and got some pictures of drink lists.

DSC06605_zpsb4d9853b.jpg

DSC06606_zps8c4c8c47.jpg

Looks like I spilled something on my pants.

DSC06607_zps2b4595f0.jpg

We usually love La Cucina, especially the Tiramisu!:)

That picture of the chandelier is amazing! Some time ago, I was trying to show pictures of the BA to my husband to get him revved up about the ship. I tried NCL's site, but honestly it was hard to find really good stuff. Your stuff is so much better, thank you, thank you!

Edited by Maryfrei

DSC06615_zpsafeed8db.jpg

Remember that I told you that you could get Carlo's desserts at the atrium caffe? Well here it is. There hours are much better than his actual bakery.

DSC06617_zpsd1752235.jpg

DSC06618_zpsf0fed3ce.jpg

DSC06619_zpse1c3e36c.jpg

DSC06620_zps46af5518.jpg

DSC06621_zps19aba553.jpg

DSC06629_zpsf276bd4f.jpg

DSC06630_zpsb5d8d871.jpg

DSC06632_zpsc8a14444.jpg

DSC06634_zps32dd5feb.jpg

I tried using the wine machine, but for some reason they close them early. I tried several times until an attendant pointed out the machine said closed. Why would them close them? By the way, the one time I used one machine in the buffet area I got charged double.

DSC06636_zps165dc15b.jpg

Just posting this for prices.

Notice the closed sign, I am not sure why I did not see that. Maybe I had too much to drink already :D. The machine was trying to tell me to stop, lol.

DSC06637_zpsbbc39eab.jpg

DSC06638_zps928ccb33.jpg

DSC06639_zpsd7313340.jpg

DSC06640_zps523cb650.jpg

DSC06641_zps5f6c3e58.jpg

After that, we decided to go to the lido deck and check if there were any people there. It was pretty dead, but the colors just came to live. Very nice at night.

All these pics are hand held, I took some better ones later on the cruise.

DSC06652_zps7af5c03a.jpg

DSC06653_zpse57df4f6.jpg

DSC06657_zpsb49abde3.jpg

DSC06658_zpsfa4fe4bb.jpg

DSC06671_zps1c759f08.jpg

Then we went to H2O.

DSC06673_zps0010f028.jpg

DSC06674_zpsf8102759.jpg

DSC06675_zps194aee31.jpg

DSC06676_zpsec98bf6e.jpg

DSC06677_zps00d6227a.jpg

After a quick tour we decided to head back to the room, it was then that we noticed that the heaters in the rooms do not work very well. I am not entirely sure if it is something that they are working out, but they better figure it fast. Because for a ship sailing out of New York, you will definitely need a good heater on those rooms. At some point in time the heater kicked in and I had to get up to adjust it.

We relaxed a little and then headed to bed.

You might have noticed that there were no videos on this day… Well my dumb ass deleted them by accident, but no worries I think I got videos for all the days left.

Day 1 ending.

Now I will start selecting and working on pictures for day 2. The bad news is that today and tomorrow I work 12 hours shift. I will try to post more today or tomorrow, but I can't promise anything. Sorry folks, I really was not planing on having to work these shifts, totally unexpected.

Kickass review, Gambee! Maybe you should be doing this professionally.

Did you ever find a place to get in a good long walk? How does the waterfront work for taking a morning stroll? I wish it wrapped around the whole ship...

English101: The salt like was with my finger, I think everyone is going to interpret that wrong lol :D. The was definitely very funny, I still kick myself for not letting her sit on it.

Cupcrazy: You're very welcome.

lostone65: Oh yeah lots of different places outside to sit and do that, but I still wished there were more. They just have so much wasted space out there without any lounges.

Weeziblu: Thank you for your kind words, very nice of you. I hope you were able to get up this morning :).

ibucnusoon: That was the best thing for a table, that tinny one that they put there is just insulting.

riclop: Nice to see you here, thanks for reading :)

Think35: Thank you for joining us Monica =)

stogy: I am not sure if they are the real thing, I tried then once and they were just ok. They are free, it was a nice snack. To be honest I don't know as I did not go out that night, but from talking to people, I heard that quiet a few people did dress up.

topanga49er: All I did was read books, all self thought. By the way I haver said this, but I think you have the cutest Avatar on CC. Love it!

beachbuddy: WE had great weather on Bermuda, can't wait to share those pics.

prekteacher: Thank you for coming along and reading :-)

Mitchthebeech: the T3i is a great camera, odd that the pics are not coming that good. Maybe a better lens would help? I am not sure Ill do Quantum when it is going to Bahamas, I think I will wait for it to start traveling to Bermuda and try it then =). The ship looks impressive!

dachengdao: Thank you :)

Maryfrei: Different folks different strokes :-). Glad you like the pics, there are some that I thought would come out much better.

mcohen73: Well hello there neighbor. Someone told me that you were part of CC and posted pics of your suite. I wanted to tell you that you have the most well behaved children I have ever seen. My last experience with children in the adjacent room was not good. I wanted to say hello after I found you were part of CC, but I never saw you again after that. Hope you had great cruise :).

dcipjr: The water front is perfect for a morning stroll. Actually I have a video on day 7 of a morning stroll there. It is actually a very long walk, keep an eye for the video, I know its a long wait for day 7. But I promise you, you will love the video, I do a little narrative as well.

vcinsanity1523: Yes there is a pager and I think it works ship wide. I never tried any of the bars, I bought those two bottles. But I think I would of like shakers or maltings on the waterfront. They seem to be my kind of place.

Gambee first great review love the pictures can't wait to sail on her next year.

I was wondering and if someone asked sorry ahead of time I know they have cabana's on the ship do you know if you can go online before the cruise and reserve them??

Haha, that one guy at Guest Services is smiling/laughing. :)

Gambee, did you see any/many kids at Slam Allen/Fire and Ice/etc.? Never took one on a ship before, not clear on where they're not allowed.

I know I saw him smiling, but for the record it was not him ;).

I did see kids on both, but I am not sure if try will like it. My guess is that they will get bored.

Gambee first great review love the pictures can't wait to sail on her next year.

I was wondering and if someone asked sorry ahead of time I know they have cabana's on the ship do you know if you can go online before the cruise and reserve them??

No. You have to board and make a dash to guest services to book them. Maybe that changes later on, but for now it's a running game :D