!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

I am really not doing that much, I only bump the saturation to 30+ on every color. Sharpening to about 50 points and noise reduction about 7 clicks. That is pretty much all I do. I admit that on the Silli review I did much more, but it was just way too much time. I found that doing this is just perfect and I get pretty good results.

The camera is always on vivid mode so that helps a little as well. But overall I am very happy with the results of the camera.

Oh I forgot, not RAW, just straight JPEG. My computer is too slow to work with raw.

Gambee I am glad you told me this. Are those the settings you put in the camera before taking pictures? Even though I have the NEX-5, I'm still a novice at it. If I could put those settings in my camera before I even start my next LIVE review I can only imagine how much better the pictures would turn out. I will probably contact you before I sail on Allure so you can walk me through changing the settings.

Edited by Bugsy4271

STILL impressed by the detail and photos you are providing! Thanks again....this is FANTASTIC!! :D :) :D

Thank you =)

Nope, it's not the Tobacco Bay Beach - in fact you do not see the TB Beach from sea as it's enclosed.

This beach is Achilles' Bay Beach. Lovely place to swim in.

Click on this link and zoom in at the top of the island.

http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com.microsoft:en-029:IE-Address&oe=&rlz=1I7AURU_enBM498&q=map+of+Bermuda&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x8a2d139e8668b0a5:0x3cdffdc72c99b8bc,Bermuda&gl=us&sa=X&ei=NrurUaBDr7jgA4r6gKAI&ved=0CDAQ8gEwAA

Cool thanks for the info, I wasn't sure about that.

Gambee I am glad you told me this. Are those the settings you put in the camera before taking pictures? Even though I have the NEX-5, I'm still a novice at it. If I could put those settings in my camera before I even start my next LIVE review I can only imagine how much better the pictures would turn out. I will probably contact you before I sail on Allure so you can walk me through changing the settings.

Hello Chris, those are the setting I use in lightroom, in post processing. The camera I leave in P mode with the vivid colors. Nothing more. Hope that helps.

DSC07943_zps348c21dc.jpg

We only bought the Crystal Cave one, I wish I had done both of them.

I believe they say that it is 88 steps down, but I am not sure about that.

DSC07944_zps703e5257.jpg

DSC07945_zpsa9c185fd.jpg

DSC07946_zpsd6bcb7ea.jpg

DSC07947_zps2fb681be.jpg

I think the tour lasts about 30-45 minutes, the guide gives a very informed tour and she also made some funny references. At on point in time they ask you to turn of all cameras and stay quiet. Then they turn all the lights off for about a minute, it is very freaky! But neat at the same time.

They also tell you the story of the caves. I wont go into details. But basically two young boys found the cave and went down there alone with a rope and candle light. They stayed there from an hour or so and then went to tell the owner of the property. Eventually the owner opened the caves as an attraction, but the entrance was a very tight one and you had to go down by rope. Then a few years later they blasted the way down to the caves they have now.

All these pictures are handheld, I managed to forget to bring my gorilla-pod and my extra battery. You want know the crazy part, when I entered the caves I noticed my camera was at 25% battery. At least I noticed and could set my camera to econo-mode so I could make it last longer.

DSC07950_zps27c523ab.jpg

DSC07974_zps4afa72ed.jpg

This is possibly the best picture of the caves.

DSC07978_zps80de373c.jpg

DSC07979_zps029d6c86.jpg

Overall the caves were neat, we did then, but will most likely never go back. Personally I think they are a bit over priced, but shore excursions are always expensive. When we left we gave our guide a little tip (I think we were the only ones in our group to do so). Then I asked her a way out and she told us a little short cut through the path to the other cave. It was a very nice walk through that path, unfortunately I did not get any pictures because of the battery running low. I had to be very careful so I had enough battery for the aquarium.

Actually my bad, I actually took two.

See the rooster?

DSC07982_zps69e05b8a.jpg

Gorgeous!

DSC07980_zpsa071182d.jpg

So our plans were to go to the ice cream place that we saw when we got off the bus and then catch a bus to go to the aquarium. By the way that ice-cream place comes highly recommended and apparently they are famous, we never made it there.

Little did we know that the exit of the shortcut ended up in the Swizzle. I had read from numerous reviews that this place is also famous. So we decided to stop by and eat something. We were both hungry by then.

DSC07984_zpsf5fa8e6d.jpg

The Menu was really neat, it was a newspaper.

DSC07985_zpsc151db23.jpg

DSC07986_zpsc99dafd6.jpg

DSC07987_zps3cead3f1.jpg

DSC07989_zpsbfb8dada.jpg

DSC07990_zps91e98c18.jpg

DSC07991_zpsefe4d6cf.jpg

DSC07992_zps388d09c4.jpg

DSC07993_zpse7a6e919.jpg

DSC07994_zps85cceb7d.jpg

The swizzle was just ok, our server was super nice, but the food took for ever to come out, maybe about 45 minutes. The place was also rather expensive.

They have live music, loved it!

DSC07996_zps3c4cd8b2.jpg

I ordered a swizzle. It was ok, rather weak. But tasty!

DSC07997_zps64e2c82f.jpg

My fish sandwich was fantastic, the problem you ask. I don't like sweet potatoes and I did not know they offered the regular fries. The server never told me. So the fries went untouched.

DSC07998_zps0e461b87.jpg

Mom got the same but with a salad. I think she was planning to steal my fries :D

DSC07999_zpsbeaf6af6.jpg

The place is not cheap. We as always tipped appropriately, she was happy :)

DSC08000_zps060bcd78.jpg

DSC08001_zps0c2e912f.jpg

DSC08003_zps7743561c.jpg

DSC08004_zps903d361f.jpg

That's the ice cream place.

DSC08005_zps3ab43c95.jpg

The bus came soon enough and on our way we were. I think it took us about 30 minutes to get there.

They have there turtle outside of the aquarium, you can view them for free.

DSC08006_zpsf0d2358c.jpg

DSC08007_zps3dcac33f.jpg

There is a Lemur cage and you can go inside the cage and even touch them. Too bad they never came close to me so I could touch them. They are just adorable!

DSC08032_zpsf5df8971.jpg

There was also a little turtle.

DSC08033_zps8a5d0b1f.jpg

When I called him that is what he did.

DSC08036_zpsd64d9da7.jpg

How cute is that? he is sitting like a human!

DSC08038_zpsdda6e1c0.jpg

What are you staring at little fellow?

DSC08040_zpsc00f8a29.jpg

DSC08044_zps94b474bd.jpg

I guess all my yelling finally got this little guy's attention :D.

DSC08042_zpsedee6ab3.jpg

And stare at me he did!

DSC08046_zpsf77075b0.jpg

No, no, no, don't go getting any ideas...

DSC08047_zps5ad8b042.jpg

Then they kept on with their biz.

DSC08049_zps53726618.jpg

Then we stopped back in the store before leaving the aquarium. Overall a nice place and we had a great time there, I highly recommend it.

DSC08108_zps09ee15cb.jpg

DSC08110_zps1969259d.jpg

DSC08111_zps8c0fd4f4.jpg

DSC08112_zpsbfb28946.jpg

Ok folks, I will finish day 4 tomorrow. Gotta go make something to eat and relax a little.

Hope everyone enjoyed that last set :).

Hi Gambee,

Your right NCL will read about Peter Max. About the napkin on your shirt and lap we are Italian and our grandfathers always did that when they ate their bowl of spaghetti, in fact, two weeks ago at an Italian restaurant, the owner was sitting with his family and he had the very same napkins on him also so your not the only one, just smart not to get something on your clothes.;)

Same with us, Lynda. All Italian in our family. They always had the napkins in their shirts, and a jug of wine on the table ;)