Buying Rome Combo ticket in advance - question

sweetpea222

We are doing Rome DIY, and I have a question about buying the Colosseum, Forum, Palantine combo ticket in advance. When you choose the date you will be there, the next page on the website takes you to a bunch of options that include tours, etc that are (obviously) linked to a specific time of the day.

At the very top is the choice INGRESSO SINGOLI which Google translate helpfully tells me is a single admission ticket. It's time is 8:31 am. Does this mean it is valid all day, and you can enter at any time after 8:31 am? Obviously, coming in from our cruise ship, we won't be there that early.

If I assume the ticket is valid for the entire day and select that option, the next page gives me three choices (all in Italian even when I select the little British flag in the corner) that translate to full show, reduced show, and free show. I'm assuming here that the reduced and free correlate to the reduced ticket prices for European citizens who are under a certain age, or other groups that can enter for free? As a family of four tourists, we would buy the regular show prices, correct?

I would like to purchase in advance since I know from reading here how long the line can be at the ticket office. :)

I'm in the process of buying tickets for that as well. After trying many sites that sell tickets here is what i found:

- The tickets say 8:31 because the Colosseum opens at 8:30

- The combo tickets are actually good for 2 days

- The ticket gets activated once you visit one of the 3 venues or when you visit on of them if you buy the print at home version.

- As tourists from outside Europe, we are not untitled to any price reduction

- You must purchase regular single admission ticket for the entire group including children

You can try to buy from this site witch is much easier to navigate and is in good plain english.

Www (dot)coopculture(dot)it/en

Hope this helps clear things out!

Marie

Archived