Can I use my unused beer coupons on my next cruise?

Skipper Tim

Don't ask why (some here know why) but I have 18 unused beer vouchers from a package I bought on my last MSC cruise. Does anyone have experience of trying to use old drinks coupons on a cruise other than the one that they were purchased for? Failing that, opinions would be welcome.

From recollection, the bar staff still swiped my card when using the coupons so I imagine there may be an issue if I have not bought the package on that cruise.

Don't ask why (some here know why) but I have 18 unused beer vouchers from a package I bought on my last MSC cruise. Does anyone have experience of trying to use old drinks coupons on a cruise other than the one that they were purchased for? Failing that, opinions would be welcome.

From recollection, the bar staff still swiped my card when using the coupons so I imagine there may be an issue if I have not bought the package on that cruise.

Have the coupons Got a date on?

The rules clearly say no: coupons cannot be refunded, exchanged or used on later cruise, even on the same ship.

I don't imagine there would be problem when the card gets swiped (they don't seem to do a real time check of coupon validity) but that you would later get charged once the bill goes to accountancy.

On my recent Preziosa cruise, noticed on my final bill that got charged a evening when I handed in 2 water coupons. A chat with the accounts department and a call from them to the restaurant got that rectified, but no apology.

Have the coupons Got a date on?

No but the book is numbered, punched through with two oblong slots and each coupon is stamped with something that resembles a four-spoke wheel - more than enough to identify them to a particular cruise.

The rules clearly say no: coupons cannot be refunded, exchanged or used on later cruise, even on the same ship.

Oh, well, it appears that is that.

Thanks for the replies.

Well yes and no. I started using unused ones from a previous cruise and got away with it. At the time you just handed the vouchers over without your card. The next day we had to start handing over our cards and signing a slip with zero on it and our vouchers attached. I asked why there had been a change in process and was told there had been a problem yesterday with some vouchers used onboard and now they had to get the persons details to match them to the vouchers.

May have been a coincidence and another problem or it could have been moi! Needless to say I did not attempt to use my 1 remaining voucher for fear I'd be marched off by the Mosad Boys!

Needless to say I did not attempt to use my 1 remaining voucher for fear I'd be marched off by the Mosad Boys!

Another blogging opportunity missed! Imagine the headlines, "Italian cruise line MSC's most loyal British guest frogmarched off ship for obtaining a pre-paid beer".

Archived