Norwegian Breakaway Highlights - Photo intensive

xenagurl

Hi! I noticed the sign saying no jewelry. Is that just for the free fall slide? My wedding band doesn't leave my finger ;)

From what I remember it's just the Freefall but please don't quote me. I know that it was the only one where the attendants specifically mentioned it, and had me take the clip out of my hair. We didn't wear our wedding rings because we didn't want them to slip off while we were on the slide and they're a bit loose in general.

Thank you, I feel better already! Looks as if you REALLY enjoyed your time there. I can't wait to try them out myself!:D

Sure thing! Yes it was a blast, I know you'll love it. It's perfect for the inner kid in everyone! :D I was talking to some of the staff that hadn't tried it and encouraging them to do the Free Fall. heh heh. ;)

Love the pictures! So colorful!

Thank you! The colors on the water slide and ropes course are really eye catching, they almost look like renderings when you look at them in person.

love the video! can't wait to follow the rest of your trip report... we'll be on the Breakaway in November!

Thanks! Hubby is prepping more video and I'm getting together the photos so hopefully I'll have another write up on a different highlight by tomorrow. :D

It wasn’t until I stepped my first foot in that it hit me, — the floor was going to fall from under me and I was going to drop into what would feel like is the oblivion of nothingness, which of course was really the water slide. As the pod door closed around me and I leaned back with my arms crossed and thinking of the best way to maneuver my feet (flat against the back, a few inches up, toes pointing in…) the door slowly closed sealing me in and off all chances of “escape”. I gulped, remembered all of the good times I had in my relatively short life, and wondered how fast the medical team could revive me from cardiac arrest. Of course I’m being overly dramatic, but when the floor fell out from beneath me, I had the sudden urge to cry, laugh and scream all at the same time. I might have even accomplished it.

HOLY COW!!! I had to watch your YouTube video to see it for myself. I think I would also laugh and cry at the same time! I'm loving your awesome review and I'll check out your blog also!!

HOLY COW!!! I had to watch your YouTube video to see it for myself. I think I would also laugh and cry at the same time! I'm loving your awesome review and I'll check out your blog also!!

Thanks much!

I have to admit when I look at the video I turn away just a little after the computer voice (of doom) says 1. lol :D

The delicious warm fresh baked bread at La Cucina...yummm

La-Cucina-Norwegian-Breakaway-TravelXena-4.jpg

2 of the 4 kinds of flavor infused olive oil to dip it in. My favorite is pesto.

La-Cucina-Norwegian-Breakaway-TravelXena-2.jpg

I don't remember what this drink was called but it was tasty.

La-Cucina-Norwegian-Breakaway-TravelXena-6.jpg

La-Cucina-Norwegian-Breakaway-TravelXena-13.jpg

Tiramisu

La-Cucina-Norwegian-Breakaway-TravelXena-17.jpg

Im loving your review and pictures. It looks like you had a GREAT time! i am so glad to see the little stuff didnt spoil your vacation.

You got me ready to do the slides:p. I didnt do the plunge on the Epic but I m going to make up for it on the Breakaway. Im getting my nerves up for the free fall slides so by september i will be ready:p

Keep it coming!!:D

Really enjoying your review and photos so far. Oh my ... you put so much into the organization of your review. It's fabulous. Looking forward to the balance. Thanks for sharing your experience and your wonderful pictures with us.

Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to the rest!

Thank you. :) I'll have the interview with Slam Allen up today!

At the bottom of the cocktail menu I saw that they offered Champagne by the glass. Do you know if they really did that?

A few days ago I got confirmation from NCL that they don't serve Champagne by the glass anymore, is that incorrect?

Hmmm, I'm not sure because we brought ours with us, but I do know that there were wine stations around offering wine by the glass. Did they say why? Iit would be odd for them not to offer champagne by the glass but have it on the menu, but I can't answer with certainty. Sorry about that.

Im loving your review and pictures. It looks like you had a GREAT time! i am so glad to see the little stuff didnt spoil your vacation.

You got me ready to do the slides:p. I didnt do the plunge on the Epic but I m going to make up for it on the Breakaway. Im getting my nerves up for the free fall slides so by september i will be ready:p

Keep it coming!!:D

Thank you! Will do, there's more video and photos that I'll have up today :)

Yes please do the slides. They are a ton of fun! You can work your way up to the Free Fall!

Really enjoying your review and photos so far. Oh my ... you put so much into the organization of your review. It's fabulous. Looking forward to the balance. Thanks for sharing your experience and your wonderful pictures with us.

Thank you very much! I try to make it easy for those interested in different areas of the ship and it's activities, if you have any suggestions my ears are open. :)

Thank you. :) I'll have the interview with Slam Allen up today!

Hmmm, I'm not sure because we brought ours with us, but I do know that there were wine stations around offering wine by the glass. Did they say why? Iit would be odd for them not to offer champagne by the glass but have it on the menu, but I can't answer with certainty. Sorry about that.

They told me that too few people ordered Champagne so they had to throw away lots of Champagne.

We cruised on the Epic in November last year and was told the same thing by barstaff. After talking to the beverage manager during the captains reception in the Epic Club Lounge we were always able to buy a glass of Champagne but only after telling them to call him! He said to us that of course they sell Champagne by the glass but I'm not so sure, maybe he did an exception for us.

I agree with you, odd if they don't sell Champagne by the glass but have it on the menu!

But on the Epic, they didn't have it on the menu!

It's rare for me to drink one glass on anything so I didn't think about it much while on board. lol :D --- If you're prepping for a cruise I'd send an email to Jose Contreras (the Beverage Manager on board) via NCL asking him directly. I know that they get snail mail sent to them weekly and I'd assume they'd forward the emails too. Jose is really nice and I'm sure would do his best to get back to you. :)

It's rare for me to drink one glass on anything so I didn't think about it much while on board. lol :D --- If you're prepping for a cruise I'd send an email to Jose Contreras (the Beverage Manager on board) via NCL asking him directly. I know that they get snail mail sent to them weekly and I'd assume they'd forward the emails too. Jose is really nice and I'm sure would do his best to get back to you. :)

I'm very impressed with NCLs customer service! After sending my last post I e-mailed them and they have already answered my question!

They do serve Champagne by the glass but only at the bar in Blu! Nowhere else!

We have booked a cruise on the Breakaway but it's still far, far away so who the Beverage Manager is then is probably not even decided yet!

Is that bar only for guests eating at Blu or can anyone order a drink there? I can defenitely live with going there for a glass of Champagne everyday on our cruise!

I'm very impressed with NCLs customer service! After sending my last post I e-mailed them and they have already answered my question!

They do serve Champagne by the glass but only at the bar in Blu! Nowhere else!

We have booked a cruise on the Breakaway but it's still far, far away so who the Beverage Manager is then is probably not even decided yet!

Is that bar only for guests eating at Blu or can anyone order a drink there? I can defenitely live with going there for a glass of Champagne everyday on our cruise!

Oh okay I see what you're saying.

The menu that I posted was part of the full Ocean Blu menu, not a separate bar menu so I'd assume you'd have to be dining there in order to purchase it that way.

Great review and pictures! You're such a great writer very enjoyable to read!

Your feelings on the freefall slide pretty much summed up how I felt. I did go with screaming bloody murder on the way down. My heart was racing during the countdown 3..2..1... drop!!! My husband and I raced each other once and he was laughing at me because he could hear my screams. :rolleyes: Lol!

Great review and pictures! You're such a great writer very enjoyable to read!

Your feelings on the freefall slide pretty much summed up how I felt. I did go with screaming bloody murder on the way down. My heart was racing during the countdown 3..2..1... drop!!! My husband and I raced each other once and he was laughing at me because he could hear my screams. :rolleyes: Lol!

Thanks much, that's kind of you to say. :) I really enjoy your reviews too!

LOL at the bolded. Men, they laugh at the darndest things! lol

Oh okay I see what you're saying.

The menu that I posted was part of the full Ocean Blu menu, not a separate bar menu so I'd assume you'd have to be dining there in order to purchase it that way.

Is it possible to go to the bar in Blu without eating there? If yes, I see no reason why they can't sell Champagne by the glass for "bar guests". If they open a bottle for restaurant guests, I assume that it's possible to buy it at the bar to.