Family Suites?

rstep

I have never cruised on Princess before and I am planning on taking my children and grandchildren on a cruise in January. I have heard that princess has family suites. Has anyone stayed in them and if so how do I find them in their brochure. Family suites are not listed.

Thanks for any help

They are shown on the web site. For example, go to the Princess web site. Click on ships, then click on Diamond, then click on Deck Plans. Click on the Dolphin deck....and the first one listed on the chart is a Family Suite. On the diagram, D104 and D105 are Family Suites. If you click on either of those cabins, it will give you a description of the suite and a rendering of the suite's layout.

cheers

Let me just caution you that the family suites are very expensive since you pay the 1st/2nd passenger rate for the first four people in the family suite. It would probably be cheaper to book two individual cabins. If you book balcony cabins next door to one another your cabin steward can open a door in the divider so you can go from one balcony to the other. I have stayed in the family suite on the Star Princess. We had booked a minisuite with an inside across the hall for the kids and were upgraded to the family suite. It can sleep up to eight people, but I think it would be very tight. One side is an inside cabin that can sleep four. The two lower beds cannot be pushed together to make a queen since the doorway to the bathroom/closet/door to the hall is between the two beds. There are fold out upper bunks above the two beds. The minisuite side of the family suite sleeps two in the beds (can be twin or queen) and the other two people sleep on fold out couches in the living room area. It would be very tight quarters in there if both couches are folded out. We had only four in the family suite, so it worked quite well for us. I have heard that it includes all of the suite benefits, but two years ago when we stayed in it they didn't know anything about those. All in all, it's great for an upgrade, but I wouldn't want to pay for it.

I looked into booking the Family Suite for our cruise 4/29/06 on the Golden Princess. It was about $2000 per person for the 1st 4 people.

We decided to go with 2 Mini-Suites instead. It was $1229 per person for 4 of us. We have them side by side on the Emerald Deck..........Karen

Archived