New Disney Cruiser with questions

TeresaJ

Hello,

We are considering the Disney Wonder for our spring break next year. We have been on Royal Caribbean and Carnival so we are not new to cruising. My kids will be 13 and 9 (almost 10) when we sail. Do you think they will be bored or think it's too young for them? They have never been to any of the Disney parks. Also, what does Disney charge for tips/gratuity? I like to know all my costs up front.

Thanks in advance!

There were lots of kids that age on the Disney cruise I was on and they all looked like they were having a great tiime. At spring break there will be lots of kids their ages to play with whether they want to do the kids clubs or not.

These were the tips per person on a 7 day cruise (they would be more for concierge cabins).

8759204872_9173e0f84d.jpg

We sailed in January & there were MANY kids on the ship. I was surprised how many parents took their kids out of school for the cruise. (Those lucky ducks!) There seemed to be a lot of kids in that age group & they all seemed to be having a good time! I would think there would be even more kids during spring break. Tips are $12pp/day.

There are always lots of kids and great kid activities on board....in addition to family activities.

As noted, gratuities are $12 per guest per night of cruise....so on a 7 night cruise you are looking at $84 times the number of people in your cabin.

We are just off our 3rd Disney cruise. Yet another fantastic cruise! I think your kids are the perfect age for a Disney cruise. They are old enough to really get involved in the kids clubs if they want to or enjoy other activities on the ship with the family if they don't. The Wonder was our first Disney cruise - we love that ship! I don't think you can go wrong with a Disney cruise!

13 and 9 could be the tricky age now. I can understand some kids at that age may see Disney as too "young" for them (although it is definitely not too young at all to my 70+ year-old in-laws, lol). I am not sure what other Royal Caribbean ship you have done, but if it was their megahips i.e., Voyager /Freedom /Oasis class and if they like the amount of fun and activities on those ship, then it is possible that they may find Disney ship to be lacking (relative to RCI megaships) in terms of the variety of onboard activities (outside of kids club). My kids also have never been to any Disney park but we did DCL twice. It is more about having a memorable MAGICAL experience than anything else.

My kids are 17 and 15 and they still love Disney Cruises! We have done three with them at different ages and they yet to have gotten bored with them. We are going on another next just to show how not bored they are!

Archived