Loyal to Ncl but thinking of jumping ship.

I have sailed 5 times on Ncl and once with RC(6 years ago). I don't like to fly so I try to cruise out of NYC. With the quantum coming I thought I might give it a try. We have always sailed in a haven suite so I was wondering if anyone has any insight on how the suites compare on the different lines. Also any other comparisons and insights would be very helpful.

Thanks!

All we have to go on is the descriptions. The actual rooms haven't been installed yet, if any of them have even been completed.

Thanks for the response. I am just looking for general differences between traveling in a suite on the 2 lines as Its been a long time since my cruise on RC.

Thanks for the response. I am just looking for general differences between traveling in a suite on the 2 lines as Its been a long time since my cruise on RC.

I've heard nothing compares to the suite experience on NCL. :cool::) The butler service, haven area, etc. is unmatched.

I could live without the butler. I mostly like the suites themselves. I have been looking at the allure suites which look amazing but expensive!!!

Would the haven area be similar to the solarium?

I could live without the butler. I mostly like the suites themselves. I have been looking at the allure suites which look amazing but expensive!!!

The solarium is very nice but I'd say no only because it's available to the masses.

Shaun, it's nice to see you over here at the RCI boards!! :D

I have never sailed with NCL so I can't really give you a comparison but Royal is definitely my favorite compared to Disney and Carnival. Royal's ship do a beautiful job of being sophisticated while having an active edge, if you know what I mean! I'm sure you've seen Gambee's review of Allure!

If you are willing to pay for it, I know the prices are way better in the off season, the Loft Suites are INCREDIBLE and the one's on Quantum are going to be in the aft, could you imagine a view from the back in a two story room? :rolleyes: I am going to get some pics of a Crown Loft Suite on my trip on Allure in June and will post them on the review.

I think you should give Royal another try on the Quantum! Check here for more info about the accommodations, http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/staterooms/

I think NCL had better suite perks but that's where it ended for us. The rest of the NCL experience was just "okay". We enjoy the suites on RCI and yes those loft suites on the Allure were outstanding. By far our favorite suites to date of any ship.

The solarium is used by all guests 16 years of age and older. Not like the Haven.

The solarium is very nice but I'd say no only because it's available to the masses.

Yeah, it's available to everyone 16 and over (I believe it's 16, might be 18). But I know from many reviews that people seem to really enjoy the Solarium and I think the one on Quantum is going to be just as large as the one on Allure/Oasis and will feature a three-level pool!

Many people hang out by the main pool where there's the live band, etc. So I think he would find the Solarium to be a nice place!

Yeah, it's available to everyone 16 and over (I believe it's 16, might be 18). But I know from many reviews that people seem to really enjoy the Solarium and I think the one on Quantum is going to be just as large as the one on Allure/Oasis and will feature a three-level pool!

Many people hang out by the main pool where there's the live band, etc. So I think he would find the Solarium to be a nice place!

I agree! :cool: It was definitely one of my favorite spots.

Hey Gordon! :)

Shaun, it's nice to see you over here at the RCI boards!! :D

I have never sailed with NCL so I can't really give you a comparison but Royal is definitely my favorite compared to Disney and Carnival. Royal's ship do a beautiful job of being sophisticated while having an active edge, if you know what I mean! I'm sure you've seen Gambee's review of Allure!

If you are willing to pay for it, I know the prices are way better in the off season, the Loft Suites are INCREDIBLE and the one's on Quantum are going to be in the aft, could you imagine a view from the back in a two story room? :rolleyes: I am going to get some pics of a Crown Loft Suite on my trip on Allure in June and will post them on the review.

I think you should give Royal another try on the Quantum! Check here for more info about the accommodations, http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/staterooms/

Thanks for the warm welcome. I feel like I am cheating with an ex :D

I just started to do the research and I love the lofts...LOVE.

Looking forward to the pics

I am very much considering it.

I think NCL had better suite perks but that's where it ended for us. The rest of the NCL experience was just "okay". We enjoy the suites on RCI and yes those loft suites on the Allure were outstanding. By far our favorite suites to date of any ship.

The solarium is used by all guests 16 years of age and older. Not like the Haven.

I like the over 16/18 rule:). Is it enforced?

Is the solarium mellow or do they have bands and DJ's?

3 level pool!!! I am liking what I am hearing about this solarium and the suites.

Hows the entertainment, we like the game shows on Ncl, ( I know corny :o) do RCI offer game shows to

While we loved the loft suites on Oasis and Allure, the lofts on the Quantum are going to have a large structure below them that is part of 270 which is going to block views looking down. I personally think the loft suites on the Oasis class are in a far better location. By the way, I have photos of the loft suites in my Allure photos in the link below. I assume that the ones on the Quantum will be similar in design.

Sometimes the younger kids do slip in. If caught they are asked to leave. I find the solarium to be very mellow. On a few occasions on the Allure RCI held their version of the White party in the solarium. Also in inclement (cooler weather) the solarium is open for a few hours of the day for all ages to use.

Hey Tyron. Hope all is well up your way.

All is well. How about you? :)

I've never encountered any kids or teens in the solarium. There's no band and I don't remember music playing during the day. :cool:

The lofts are awesome. I was able to tour two during a cabin crawl and didn't want to go back to my broom closet.

While we loved the loft suites on Oasis and Allure, the lofts on the Quantum are going to have a large structure below them that is part of 270 which is going to block views looking down. I personally think the loft suites on the Oasis class are in a far better location. By the way, I have photos of the loft suites in my Allure photos in the link below. I assume that the ones on the Quantum will be similar in design.

Cool ...Looks like I got some reading to do...I sometimes think the planning and discovering is almost as much fun as the cruise :o

Doing well thanks. Getting ready to hop on board the Splendour in a few weeks. First time on a Vision class ship and the first time in a long time on a smaller ship.:)

I'll be looking forward to reading your review and hearing your impression of the ship. :cool: I'll have my first time on board a Vision class too this summer on the Enchantment.

I'll be looking forward to reading your review and hearing your impression of the ship. :cool: I'll have my first time on board a Vision class too this summer on the Enchantment.

I plan to write a review as it's hard to find any information on the Spleendour due to not being a U.S based ship.

I plan to write a review as it's hard to find any information on the Spleendour due to not being a U.S based ship.

She's definitely a "mystery" ship. LOL. I'll be looking forward to your review.:)

If big balconies are your thing, that's the real advantage of a RCCL suite over NCL. If I recall from the Breakaway thread, did you have an S6? The S6 balcony is about the same size as the grand suite balcony on Allure. Balconies and suites promise to be larger on quantum, and if you can go for the corner grand loft suites on Quantum (there are two on deck 10/11) you will find not one, but two balconies! one on the starboard or port side of deck 11 and one large (over 300sf) aft. Check them out on quantum's deck plans. Never been on NCL, but hear entertainment is about equal, don't have butler service on RCCL, NCL wins w/ waterslides/ropes course, but Quantum has flowrider and skydiving. Good luck making decision! We're going to try both!

If big balconies are your thing, that's the real advantage of a RCCL suite over NCL. If I recall from the Breakaway thread, did you have an S6? The S6 balcony is about the same size as the grand suite balcony on Allure. Balconies and suites promise to be larger on quantum, and if you can go for the corner grand loft suites on Quantum (there are two on deck 10/11) you will find not one, but two balconies! one on the starboard or port side of deck 11 and one large (over 300sf) aft. Check them out on quantum's deck plans. Never been on NCL, but hear entertainment is about equal, don't have butler service on RCCL, NCL wins w/ waterslides/ropes course, but Quantum has flowrider and skydiving. Good luck making decision! We're going to try both!

Good memory!! The S6 are usually priced between $2500 and $3200 per person. I don't think the grand will be close to the same price as that. I am thinking $5000 to $6000 ?

Archived