Disney Dream September!!

klb1978

Wow! So excited as it seems my whole family is going on the Dream in September. My mom is celebrating a big birthday and wants to treat us all. It is an amazing opportunity and I still cannot believe it! Our party will consist of mom& stepdad, brother1& wife & 2 kids (ages 1.5yrs and 2.5yrs); brother2 (traveling single) and then my husband and myself and our 7mth old son :)

As you will see from my signature, we have only done Royal Caribbean, so I really know nothing of cruising on Disney and for sure know nothing about cruising with kids!! What do I need to know??? Thankfully we live in Orlando, so not far to travel to the ship.

We are thinking of getting a balcony room, but not even sure where to start with that. It is just a 4 night cruise, so I don't need the best, but I think a balcony would be nice given that we will spend more time in the room when our little guy naps and such. Any insight on balcony selection?

I know I will be back with more specific questions, but for know need to figure out what room category we are booking as my mom wants to get the plans all made. Thanks so much!!

Disney does "kids" very well. They will have a pack n play for the baby and a diaper genie. These is a curtain across the room so you can block off half the room as little one sleeps. The small round tub is great for bathing little ones. You will have to pay for the nursery - it was $6 an hour in December. You can only pre-book a certain number of hours but can usually get more once you are on board. They also have the wave phones so you can easily keep in touch with the others in your group.

Wave phones

8581217422_b3da2243af.jpg

Oceanview room showing curtain.

8416885117_0d2b1af00b_z.jpg

Enjoy your cruise!

It is just a 4 night cruise, so I don't need the best, but I think a balcony would be nice given that we will spend more time in the room when our little guy naps and such. Any insight on balcony selection?

The 5 E on Deck 5 is low / can be reasonably midship and is close to the nursery and the smaller number of cabins on this deck create shorter hallways and less noise from fellow travelers.

The main reason I'd do a balcony is NAP TIME. It gives you a place to hang out while your little ones sleep.

Nursery is $6 per hour for the first child in a cabin, $4 for the second child. You can reserve up to 10 hours in advance, and can usually add more on day 2 (after everyone has a fair shot at getting hours). Yes, it seems pricey, but remember that you are only charged 1/2 of the lowest child fare for a kid under 3....so you make up for it in using the nursery. 3+ year olds have free unlimited programming but pay more to be on the ship.

Archived