Breakaway Aft Facing Balcony Cabins...is the balcony the same as the side balcony?

dongordon

I viewed photos of the Breakaway's side balcony cabins.....the balcony really looks small!!

I am in an Aft Facing Balcony Cabin (14274) and hoping it is a bit larger then the side balcony cabins I viewed on the photos of a recent review. WOW, the side balcony is real small! Has anyone been in an aft-facing balcony and not the ones on the ends?

I love my balcony and hanging out there.....please tell me it is larger than the photos I saw in the review! :D

Don

There is information on these boards about the regular, b6 and aft balconies, the latter two being the largest balconies. If you search the everything breakaway thread you will find pictures, there is a thread specifically about balcony sizes, and Gambee's latest review has pictures of his deck 12 aft balcony cabin. Iirc deck 14 has some of the smaller aft balconies, deck 9&12 are commonly believed (though no one has taken a measuring tape lol!) to be the largest.

All the aft balconies are much larger then the regular balconies. I was on deck 13 the smallest of the aft balconies and still deep enough for 2 lounge chairs. 14 is a bit larger and unlike other decks completely covered.

Edited by time2cruise1

I viewed photos of the Breakaway's side balcony cabins.....the balcony really looks small!!

I am in an Aft Facing Balcony Cabin (14274) and hoping it is a bit larger then the side balcony cabins I viewed on the photos of a recent review. WOW, the side balcony is real small! Has anyone been in an aft-facing balcony and not the ones on the ends?

I love my balcony and hanging out there.....please tell me it is larger than the photos I saw in the review! :D

Don

I'm in 14274 on September 15th and was wondering the same thing.

I'm in 14274 on September 15th and was wondering the same thing.

Here is a deck 13 aft balcony. The smallest deck. 14 is a little deeper. Not the best picture but all I have.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370286327.935683.jpg.91b77adbabcaefe83ff5811e7e3046c1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Here is a spreadsheet ( click on link..) on all the cabins and you can see the AFT cabins ( B1's ) are MUCH larger than the standard balconies ( 32 SQF )....largest balconies by decks are in order: 9, 12, 11, 10, 14, 13...this should help...this is on the "Norwegian Countdown" thread at the top of the Norwegian page....great info!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1843049

Big Al

I like the one that gets the sunshine--not the tunnels!

And really, NCL, couldn't you spring for LOUNGERS on those nice large balconies?!?! Two regular chairs? really?!?! :eek::rolleyes:

That "tunnel" space is wonderful to have when the weather is not great. Still plenty of space that opens to the sunshine. Best of both worlds.

• 5 weeks later...
That "tunnel" space is wonderful to have when the weather is not great. Still plenty of space that opens to the sunshine. Best of both worlds.

Time 2 cruise, what cabin did you have? We will be in 12308 in August and cannot wait.:D

• 10 months later...
Time 2 cruise, what cabin did you have? We will be in 12308 in August and cannot wait.:D

We will also be in 12308 in August - we're going on the 30th sailing!!! What date are you sailing? This is our first aft balcony (always done midship balcony before). We're excited to experience the "aft" view. We're going to ask for them to bring loungers down for us. Think they will accommodate that?

We will also be in 12308 in August - we're going on the 30th sailing!!! What date are you sailing? This is our first aft balcony (always done midship balcony before). We're excited to experience the "aft" view. We're going to ask for them to bring loungers down for us. Think they will accommodate that?

They sailed August 2013. :) We had 2 chairs & a small table AND 2 loungers on our B1 balcony in January 2014.

Edited by peg013

• 7 months later...

hey sorry to bring this back from the dead, but do either of you guys who stayed in 12308 have any pics of it ? im hoping the balcony isnt any smaller then the other 3 on that deck.. i saw a pic of a balcony on 12 but didnt say which room and its deep but very narrow..

• 4 months later...

We are staying in cabin 12308 too and we were wondering the same thing. It looks narrow not as big as the others. Can someone tell me if it's smaller than the others. Thank you

We are staying in cabin 12308 too and we were wondering the same thing. It looks narrow not as big as the others. Can someone tell me if it's smaller than the others. Thank you

12308 is a big one. Not the narrow one. I have pics but cant post them on here because of my post count. But it is definetly a bigger one not the narrow one.

• 2 weeks later...