Shore Excursion For 3yr Old: Not available for purchase??

ktpc2005

Hello all,

I am looking at shore excursions for out upcoming Sunshine cruise. None of the ones that we are looking have age minimums, but when I go to purchase the tickets it says Not available for purchase for my three year old. Is there someone I can talk to so this can be fixed as I am not purchasing anything until I am assured he can go.

Alot of times infants are considered up to 3... and if they are free you can't purchase....Also some excursions that have no miniumum i was told you have to purchase on board...don't know why...We have a 3 year so that's what we are going through...hopefully it won't be sold out!

Does it say "infants free"?

It doesnt necessarily say infants free.

It says pricing is adults are 13+, children are 4-12 and infants 0-3. It does not give any price online for infants.

What I do not want to happen is I book for my wife and me and then I get onboard to find out that my son needed a ticket and now its sold out so then I am screwed.

Likely, The 3 yr old is considered an infant and does not require a ticket for that excursion. My daughter also is an infant and it does not give the option to purchase excursions for her either.

Edited by lovebelle

It doesnt necessarily say infants free.

It says pricing is adults are 13+, children are 4-12 and infants 0-3. It does not give any price online for infants.

What I do not want to happen is I book for my wife and me and then I get onboard to find out that my son needed a ticket and now its sold out so then I am screwed.

So then your 3yo doesn't have to pay. Even if it is sold out, I doubt they wouldn't let you guys go. If transportation is involved they probably figure the toddler can sit on your lap.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to revive an all thread but can I ask OP, did you ever get this resolved? I am trying to book some shore excursions for me, my hubby and our 2 year old on Liberty in January. I'm getting the same message as you for my 2 year old, and when I go to pay it says there are only 2 guests booked :confused:

Or if anyone else can help? We've never cruised with Carnival before, and other lines have let us book our daughter as a shore passenger even if she hasn't had to pay.

We had the same issue on our 2012 Valor cruise trying to book an excursion with our then 3 year old. We emailed the shore excursions dept. (shoreexcursions@carnival.com) and were told that we couldn't purchase a ticket for him but kids who don't incur a charge are automatically added to your reservation when you book the excursions. I went ahead and booked online and we had no issues.

We waited to book until we got on the ship because nobody could give us a straight answer about our 2 year old. The excursion didn't have any notations about infants free. Long story short, he went for free and no ticket was required. No issues whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app