New Orleans Hotels or parking for Conquest

ladycajun

A large group of us are going on the Conquest Easter week 2006. We only live 2 hours from New Orleans and can't decide whether to drive up that morning and fight the garage or stay at a hotel the night before that has parking all week included. Does anyone know which hotel offers free cruise parking that is close enough to walk to the port or that has shuttles that run to the port for free. Or should we just drive up that morning. If we can get a hotel for around a hundred dollars with parking then it will be worth being there allreaady.

Thanks

A large group of us are going on the Conquest Easter week 2006. We only live 2 hours from New Orleans and can't decide whether to drive up that morning and fight the garage or stay at a hotel the night before that has parking all week included. Does anyone know which hotel offers free cruise parking that is close enough to walk to the port or that has shuttles that run to the port for free. Or should we just drive up that morning. If we can get a hotel for around a hundred dollars with parking then it will be worth being there allreaady.

Thanks

Hotel in New Orleans Prior to Sailing

Maison St. Charles

1319 St. Charles, New Orleans

1-800-831-1783

All info is based on rates as of today's date.

Bon Voyage Special includes:

room night before cruise

$89 King

$99 2 Queens

Parking:

$7 per night of stay in hotel

$5 per night on cruise

$131 for a hotel and 8 days parking in New Orleans! plus tax of course.

Did I mention that this includes a FREE limo ride to the port?

You MUST mention Bon Voyage Special to get this deal.

I hope this information is helpful.

I have heard the Holiday Inn Express has a simialr deal. Minus the limo of course. ;) Look into the New Orleans topic of the destinations thread for more info. We will let you know about the Maison St. Charles in about 40 days. :)

We stayed at the Maison St. Charles in Decemebr and it was fine. They got us right to the pier very quickly. The driver seemed to know some of the guys directing traffic or whatever and we just went around all the congestion in short order.

Have you considered Machu Picchu parking? It's $12/day for covered parking and they shuttle you to/from the ship. We used them in February and were very happy with the service we received. We called them when we got off the ship and we were picked up by Angel within 5 minutes. He was very funny and made it quite enjoyable. Go to www.machupicchutours.com and click on Cruise Ship Services.

Rhonda

We stayed at the Maison St. Charles in Decemebr and it was fine. They got us right to the pier very quickly. The driver seemed to know some of the guys directing traffic or whatever and we just went around all the congestion in short order.

BIG smiles...:) :) :)

I like to hear stuff like this... So many times a great deal, wasn't. I hope we have a similar experience. We are excited!

LadyCajun, I always drive the 1.5 hours to the port on the morning of the cruise. I think you would find that MUCH simpler than trying to find a hotel with great rates/parking/etc. (You and I both live close enough to N.O. to visit there anytime - you, too, BRtiger), so when cruising, I just drive over that morning. I'm on the ship by noonish - I park at Fulton St. Garage, but Manchu Pichu sounds good, too - both have shuttles to and from the terminal.:)

Keep in mind that recently the garage on Fulton Street was not allowing Conquest cruisers to use their lot. They were directing people to their other lots. If you have a park and cruise special that includes parking at Fulton then you are fine. Not sure if they are still doing this - but it appears that were doing it during the time that more ships were going out of New Orleans (seasonal). I believe it was in the spring. I would call before attempting to park at Fulton.

Thanks so much for all the info. I am leaning towards just driving up that morning, it keeps you from having to unpck a little then repack. Our group is having our first pre cruise meeting Friday and I will be sure to tell them all your thoughts...Thanks again

Christine

Archived