Is it worthwhile....

fastsneakers

Is it worthwhile to rent a Jeep in Nassau? We've found that it has been lots of fun on other islands and wondered if anyone on the board has had the experience in Nassau? Which side of the street do they drive on there?

Thanks!

They drive on the left in the Bahamas. I have never rented a Jeep at any island, but whereas I could see its purpose on Cozumel, I don't really see how it would be efficient for Nassau. But, that may just be me personally. Truthfully, other than the tourist areas, there is not much to see on New Providence.

And... traffic is horrendous. Bahamian drivers are crazy, there are very few road signs or directions, and roads are in disrepair.

New Providence terrain is not very interesting. The island is flat and there's little to see except the shoreline.

After taking a taxi from Atlantis back to the cruise ship, I would agree - traffic and Bahamian drivers are crazy! The taxi was supposed to drop us off right next to the security point at Prince George Wharf, but traffic was so bad he dropped us off about 3 blocks away!

Archived