Caranival Spirit, room service

Hi, with the South Pacific cruises, is room service available 24 hours and can you get Breakfast delivered or do you have to go to Restaurant/Buffet for breaky? Is the Room service menu extensive? Thanks.

Yes, room service is available 24 hours. No you cannot get breakfast delivered, unless of course you order something off the room service menu, but not much resembled anything I would eat for breakfast. The room service menu is very limited and this is the first cruise I have been on where you pay per item, not just a one off room service fee.

We had a room just below the buffet, so each morning at 6.30am one of us would wander up there and get tea/coffee and a plate of pastries to share until our young son woke up and then we would all go up and have a proper breakfast together.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for that info.

I cannot believe that they charge for Room service food or that they do not have a Room service Breakfast menu.

All other (3) cruises I have done they have had an extensive Breakfast menu with NO charge for anything.

I know, that has been my experience as well. What's more annoying, is that Carnival ships in the US have no charge at all for room service. This is one of the "aussification" changes that they made when they bought the Spirit here and then told us that the changes were made "because this is what Australians want" :rolleyes:

Mind you, we were very happy with the cruise as a whole and very happy with the food as well, except breakfast and lunch in the restaurant, they were better in the buffet. Skip the comedy brunch, the food is terrible and there is no actual comedy routine :confused: just a plug for that nights comedy show. Noveau (have I spelt that right?) was more than worth the $35pp. We tried to go there again, but was all booked out. Book early.

Thanks for that info.

I cannot believe that they charge for Room service food or that they do not have a Room service Breakfast menu.

All other (3) cruises I have done they have had an extensive Breakfast menu with NO charge for anything.

You will probably find Carnival Spirit very different to what you have previously experienced. You need to just go with it and have fun. Don't bother with room service. Also, the drinks will be more expensive than you've previously experienced, but just go prepared for this. The other big difference I found was the muster drill. My experience was that it was very disorganised and didn't really give me any sense of assurance that they'd cope that well with an emergency. But, they may be just fine!

I did find disembarkation and tendering better organised than anything I'd previously experienced.

Just go and have fun. Try the Taste Bar for a little taste tempter in the evening, it has a different theme each night. It was really nice.

Archived