Radiance of the seas Hump cabin vs balcony cabin

Trying to decide between a hump cabin or a normal balcony cabin can any body say which is best. Also does the glass on the hump cabin interfere with the view?

Thanks in advance.:)

I am not sure what you mean by the glass, there is no glass obscuring the view. The hump is a great position as it is close to the lifts and there is easy access to everything, and a good view forward and back if you can get central hump.

Have a look at the deck plans, one thing to note on Radiance is if you are booking deck 7 you will have an extended balcony if you book forward or aft. You may like this or not, it's personal choice. Everyone above can look straight down on to your balcony for the part that's extended further than the regular balcony. If you book deck 7 mid ship you will look straight over the top of the lifeboats (except hump cabins), it's not great.

If I was selecting a cabin on Radiance and had a good selection to choose from I'd pick deck 8 hump:)

On my Radiance cruise in March last year, I was in Cabin 8102 on the hump. Wow!! The best balcony ever! We were well protected from the elements and boy, was the balcony huge?!?!

We're sailing on Brilliance (sister to the Radiance) next year doing the Baltic and Transatlantic and was quite disappointed to miss out. So we're in 9094 and 9594 this time around.

I am not sure what you mean by the glass, there is no glass obscuring the view. The hump is a great position as it is close to the lifts and there is easy access to everything, and a good view forward and back if you can get central hump.

Have a look at the deck plans, one thing to note on Radiance is if you are booking deck 7 you will have an extended balcony if you book forward or aft. You may like this or not, it's personal choice. Everyone above can look straight down on to your balcony for the part that's extended further than the regular balcony. If you book deck 7 mid ship you will look straight over the top of the lifeboats (except hump cabins), it's not great.

If I was selecting a cabin on Radiance and had a good selection to choose from I'd pick deck 8 hump:)

What I was asking was the centre section (hump) has a dark colour covering all decks I though it might be glass. We are looking at deck 9.

What I was asking was the centre section (hump) has a dark colour covering all decks I though it might be glass. We are looking at deck 9.

Oh sorry, I know what you mean now. Radiance has glass lifts looking outwards on one side, that's the tinted glass you see, the other side has hump cabins and those balconies don't have tinted glass. Deck 9 or 8 would both be great!

On the Radiance our favourite cabin is 9092, hump cabin beside the lifts. We have never been bothered by any lift or centrum noise and the balcony is large. We had 2 loungers as well as table and chairs, although we had to ask for the loungers last cruise. The balcony roof gives protection from rain and the solid side walls protect from the winds. We always managed to get a fair amount of sun, although sun worshippers may desire more. We tried to book 9092, 12 months in advance for next cruise in October but it was already booked, so get in quickly if you decide on one of these as they are very popular. Recently had 9094 and it also had a larger balcony, not as large as 9092, but it was angled and was not quite as private but it was still fine. Also 9092 is a D2 cabin and sometimes a little cheaper than a D1.

We have 9092 (port hump behind lift glass) for Alaska next year - reckon it would give lots of shelter. Switched to 9076 (port hump corner facing forward) for the following Hawaii cruise which will give us a nice breeze. Have also had 9576 on starboard hump corner also great. Don't know what the centre starboard hump balconies are like but would give full forward and aft views.

Any deck level on the hump would be ok.

Thanks everyone.

We have booked for 2015 Radiance of the Seas a hump cabin on deck 9.

It seems so far away but the time will fly.

Hey lazy day, I'm sure it's just a typo, but 2015 is an inside cabin on deck 2! Just thought I'd let you know in case there has been a mix up with your room booking.

I'm glad you booked, you'll love Radiance!

Hey lazy day, I'm sure it's just a typo, but 2015 is an inside cabin on deck 2! Just thought I'd let you know in case there has been a mix up with your room booking.

I'm glad you booked, you'll love Radiance!

I read their post to mean in the year 2015 NOT cabin 2015!

We had a normal deck 8 balcony on Radiance which was great & had a deck 8 hump on Voyager this year - we felt the smoke from nearby smokers flowed into the hump cabin more readily, but it's a different set up than Radiance so this may not be relevant, but thought it worth mentioning.

Also depends on if you have smokers close by of course.

Otherwise the hump cabin was nice, the balcony was slightly larger which was good.

Archived