Radiance 10 night Pacific Islands

Just wondering other than our passports and cruise documents do we need anything else? Eg. Visas etc?

Any other tips would be great, this will be our first cruise!

Just wondering other than our passports and cruise documents do we need anything else? Eg. Visas etc?

Any other tips would be great, this will be our first cruise!

if you're an aussie or kiwi no visa required....enjoy yourselves

If you are flying to Sydney to join the ship do not pack you manicure set or nail clippers in your hand luggage. They will be confiscated at airport security as happened to us flying to Freemantle to join Sun Princess. Also any large bottles of bathroom liquids.

Thank you very much for advising about the visas :)

Also thank you for the airport tip. We will be flying from Melbourne to Sydney so that was very helpful :)

Make sure you get a power adaptor ..very important :)

Thanks for that! You've actually reminded me because I've been meaning to ask - what power adaptor will I need? A US compatible one or different? Also, does RCC allow you to take power boards on board to charge multiple things at once?

Snorkel gear and reef shoes, the beaches and coral are excellent.

Reef shoes, check!

I've got to still find snorkels but will make sure I do. I've never snorkeled before - I hope it's easy!

From a friend who cruised with RCC, the power points are American or European. They have both in the room. I'm taking one of each adapter just in case, but will probably use the European points as the voltage is closer to Australian.

If you're buying snorkel stuff just for the cruise, Kmart have nice cheap sets that won't cost you much. Probably not the greatest quality, but they'd do for a bit of beach snorkeling.

In spite of what some have said here, we found that $AUD were accepted everywhere and actually preferred, especially above $USD.

The locals are all so friendly and happy so go with a great attitude and you'll have a ball!

From a friend who cruised with RCC, the power points are American or European. They have both in the room. I'm taking one of each adapter just in case, but will probably use the European points as the voltage is closer to Australian.

If you're buying snorkel stuff just for the cruise, Kmart have nice cheap sets that won't cost you much. Probably not the greatest quality, but they'd do for a bit of beach snorkeling.

Good idea! I'll grab one of each as well just to be sure, thanks for that :)

I had a look at Kmart awhile ago when we were looking for reef shoes and they only had kids size snorkel gear but will has a look again once the summer stuff starts coming out again! Kmart brand will be fine for what we want it for.

Thanks for your advice. :)

In spite of what some have said here, we found that $AUD were accepted everywhere and actually preferred, especially above $USD.

The locals are all so friendly and happy so go with a great attitude and you'll have a ball!

Perfect! Thanks for your advice. We will probably take a bit of each currency if we can get a good rate on US$ before we leave. :)

Perfect! Thanks for your advice. We will probably take a bit of each currency if we can get a good rate on US$ before we leave. :)

We took some $AUD and some $USD on our cruise but ended up putting all our $USD onto our onboard accounts as we didn't use any of it on the islands.

Archived