My Booked Cabin is Available!

Zeke3

I am in a bit of a panic, actually more than a bit- I would call it a major panic! I was checking a travel website to see if our August Miracle cruise is sold out when I saw our booked cabin, 6232 available! I then checked Carnival website and it was available also. I just received my credit card bill yesterday with my final payment showing. My TA is not in until 1 PM today to try to find out what is going on. Could it just be a computer glitch? I hope things didn't get messed up as I was looking forward to the extra long balcony in this cabin.

I am in a bit of a panic, actually more than a bit- I would call it a major panic! I was checking a travel website to see if our August Miracle cruise is sold out when I saw our booked cabin, 6232 available! I then checked Carnival website and it was available also. I just received my credit card bill yesterday with my final payment showing. My TA is not in until 1 PM today to try to find out what is going on. Could it just be a computer glitch? I hope things didn't get messed up as I was looking forward to the extra long balcony in this cabin.

Could they have upgraded you to a suite??

Check it out by trying to put something on your cabin thru the gift section of carnival.

Could they have upgraded you to a suite??

Check it out by trying to put something on your cabin thru the gift section of carnival.

When I put in my cabin # with the booking # it states it is invalid. Never thought of an upgrade as our luck lately has been bad and I'm assuming the black cloud is still hovering. Maybe our luck is about to change.

Oh, I remember reading something about checking book modify method. I'll try to figure it out to see if we are assigned to at least any cabin!

I think we have been upgraded. Book modify shows that we are assigned to cabin 6182. I think this is a Cat 12. Someone pinch me if this is true! I didn't think they upgraded this far out from our cruise since we had an assigned cabin. Can't wait to talk with my TA to try to confirm. Any one have photos of a Category 12 on Spirit class. I did a search and could only find Cat 11. Wow! I think I am still in disbelief mode!

This has happened to me twice. Once on Norweigan I was checking how full the ship was and my room was available. Got nervious and called my TA. I was upgraded to a suite. Also on Carnival same thing happened, We had three cabins and all three were upgraded. Hope you got a great upgrade and enjoy your cruise.

Congrats! I hope it is true! We booked specific rooms on the Elation, 7-17, on the Empress deck (2 ocean views and 1 inside) and three weeks ago were upgraded to 2 penthouse suites (cat.12) and 1 ocean view on the Upper deck! :D Never cruised before, so we are excited. Have a great cruise!

Wow-- Congrats on the upgrade.

Carnival does set cabins about now. But didnt someone try to get in touch with you to see if this is ok to do?? I wonder if someone used the other cabin for a handicapped cabin and needed yours to have them side by side.

When did you book this cabin?

Wow-- Congrats on the upgrade.

Carnival does set cabins about now. But didnt someone try to get in touch with you to see if this is ok to do?? I wonder if someone used the other cabin for a handicapped cabin and needed yours to have them side by side.

When did you book this cabin?

No one got in touch with me. I was really concerned when I saw that our cabin was available because my online TA sent out a Carnival letter to all parties booked on Miracle regarding the schedule change several weeks ago with all of our booking #s and our last names. I thought someone may have inadvertantly (or possibly purposely) changed our booking. It is my understanding that 6232 is not a handicap cabin but 6234 is. We booked this room in January. It is really starting to sink in and I am so excited! Trying to decide whether to wait to surprise my family until we are on the ship (if I can contain myself til then!). The extra room will come in very handy with two 13 year olds on board. Trying to figure out the bed set-up. Looks like there are two queen beds on the Carnival photo.

No one got in touch with me. I was really concerned when I saw that our cabin was available because my online TA sent out a Carnival letter to all parties booked on Miracle regarding the schedule change several weeks ago with all of our booking #s and our last names. I thought someone may have inadvertantly (or possibly purposely) changed our booking. It is my understanding that 6232 is not a handicap cabin but 6234 is. We booked this room in January. It is really starting to sink in and I am so excited! Trying to decide whether to wait to surprise my family until we are on the ship (if I can contain myself til then!). The extra room will come in very handy with two 13 year olds on board. Trying to figure out the bed set-up. Looks like there are two queen beds on the Carnival photo.

Right on!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

This happened to us for our August 6th cruise as well. We booked a category 8C and got upgraded to a category 11 suite. And neither Carnival nor our TA asked us; I saw the change on Carnival's My Reservations site -- the photo of "your stateroom" showed a cat. 11 -- I emailed my TA and they confirmed the upgrade. No complaints here.

Could someone tell me what website to use to find out about how booked a Carnival ship is, etc as Zeke referred to? I don't want to do an illegal post but if my request is allowed, I'd appreciate this information. Thank you!

No. I don't think so.

I don't think their is a completely accurate picture anywhere. They are constantly being put on hold and then let go, etc....

It will give you a very good picture, though...

Especially if Travelocity is only showing you a few cabins left. Then I would say that your cruise is getting close to being sold out.

Sometimes a TA will hold cabins for a group cruise.....and then at some point...months down the road....will release the unsold cabins back to the cruiseline...and they will appear available. Just an example.

We just booked our next cruise on the Liberty. When I called Carnival to book I told him I wanted a cabin on the Verandah deck near were we were on the Valor.

We needed a balcony room for 3 w/the sofa bed.

He gave me 8288.. when i looked at the online deck plans there was no star next to the cabin number. I questioned this.. he said there are quite a few errors.. for those kinds of rooms..

so if you are shopping online looking for a triple..on the valor,liberty.etc..it pays to call to confirm which are triples..

I eventually turned my carnival booking over to my favorite TA..to get more discount.. and she reconfimed this room as a triple w/Carnival..

This will be our fifth cruise and we have never received an upgrade. At first only the GTY were upgraded and now, people with assigned cabins! Just curious, those with assigned cabins-with whom did you book your cruise? Did you go through Carnival, online, or local TA? Sheesh! Some guys have all the luck!!!!!!!

That's great that you got an upgrade, but I am actually quite surprised that your cabin was changed without your permission. When we were booked on the Destiny, we had 3 standard balcony cabins all next to each other. My TA contacted me and said he needed my permission to change our cabins...Carnival wanted to upgrade all of us to Cat. 11's (still keeping us all side by side), but they weren't allowed to without our permission since we had already selected cabins and not booked a guarantee. Of course, it was a no-brainer, but he said he still had to call nonetheless, that they aren't allowed to just move people who have already booked a specific cabin.

I was surprised they were even offering us an upgrade...it seems it should have been given to someone who booked a guarantee, but we weren't complaining!

This will be our fifth cruise and we have never received an upgrade. At first only the GTY were upgraded and now, people with assigned cabins! Just curious, those with assigned cabins-with whom did you book your cruise? Did you go through Carnival, online, or local TA? Sheesh! Some guys have all the luck!!!!!!!

I booked through an on-line TA who has been great. There does not seem to be any consistent rhyme or reason with upgrades from what I have read. I remember reading awhile back that someone else got an upgrade to a suite from cabin 6232 because a Carnival employee wanted to book the room. It has an extra long balcony which may be why it was desirable. I know I was looking forward to the extra large balcony but I'll take the upgrade anyday!

I spoke with my TA today and Carnival did call her and she authorized the upgrade. She just didn't have a chance to let me know last night before she left and I just happened to look at the available cabins this AM. I had spoken to her previously to look out for aft cabins that may come available as we were thinking of upgrading to a suite if an aft came open. Although perhaps not professional, she assumed we were willing to take the free upgrade since we were considering paying for one if an aft came available. It was a safe assumption and I am so excited! If I can keep my mouth zipped, I want to try to surprise my family when we embark. (That is a big if!)

Archived