Sapphire Beach

I did post this on the ports of call board, but I know that this board has more activity. :)

My husband and I will be on the Mariner of the Seas next year, and would like to do a snorkeling trip with the ship, and the visit Sapphire Beach afterwards. How far is it from the ship? And, how much is the cab fare? Are there usually cabs there that will take up back to the ship when we are ready? Thanks so much!!

Hi. Sapphire is a great beach. We have stayed there twice and would love to go back. I would say that it would take about 30 minutes from the cruise ship dock to get to Sapphire. From what I remember there were always several taxis waiting in front of the hotel so that should not be a problem. Another great snorkeling spot is Coki Beach, which is about a 10 minute drive from Sapphire. I can't help you with taxi fares as we always rented a car. Enjoy!

I did exactly what you are asking when I was there in January. There are plenty of taxis at Sapphire Beach to take you back to the ship. I think the cost was $3 per person each way, and it took about 20 minutes to get there. Just remember which dock you are at as there is more than one in St. Thomas.

I hate to disagree but we were just there last week and the going rate for a taxi was $9.00 one way. The taxi driver was very eager to set up a time to come back and pick us up. With that agreement he charged us $8.00 for the way back (what a guy!LOL)

It's definately a good 20-25 mins away. Also keep in mind that almost all of the taxi are open-air vans that hold up to 15 people easily. Many times you share a ride with someone else going somewhere else. This could make the trip longer to get there.

My notes from our visit this past April from Havensight to Sapphire beach was $8.00 per person one way...we were in a van with others. We stopped at Red Hook which was on the way to let some passengers off to take the ferry to St. John and it was about a 20 - 25 minute ride like the previous poster said.

We also rented a beach lounge chair for $5.00 each.

Emmy

Archived