online check in

Hi not long till I am off to dalaman and our celebration cruise. We are flying frombirmingham airport. I was sure they were starting to do online check in does anybody know if it has started yet. I know we can drop our bags to the airport the day before but if we can do check in online also it will mean we don't have to get to the airport quite so early. We have 7 am flights so every little helps. Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Shirley

Hi not long till I am off to dalaman and our celebration cruise. We are flying frombirmingham airport. I was sure they were starting to do online check in does anybody know if it has started yet. I know we can drop our bags to the airport the day before but if we can do check in online also it will mean we don't have to get to the airport quite so early. We have 7 am flights so every little helps. Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Shirley

Hi Shirley

I found the following in November last year and downloaded it to put with my other pieces of information:

COMING SOON - Online check in available from June 2013

We’re committed to making your time at the airport even easier – which is why we’re introducing online check-in. From June, you’ll be able to check in for your flight and print your boarding card at home. So, at the airport, simply drop off your bags and head through to the departure lounge.

Unfortunately it doesn't say what date in June. Knowing our luck it will be like the "day before check-in" - not in Scotland.:(

:)

When I spoke to my TA a couple of weeks ago I enquired about online check in as i had seen the notice on the website. Her reply was that they do not offer that facility on their flights - in a matter of fact & that's final sort of manner. So I've been left wondering who is wrong - the website or the TA??

If anyone finds out for sure I'd be very interested in the verdict

:)

Hi Shirley,

If you are doing the day-before check-in you get your boarding pass then so when you arrive at the airport you go straight through to security. I can see that doing check-in on-line would save time but presumably you still have to queue to check your luggage in and have it weighed. I may be quite wrong in my assumption - and it could be a different queue which will move more quickly but if you are able to do day-before check-in I imagine that would be better in terms of time saving.

Have a great time Shirley. :)

Surprise surprise.

Found the following on Trip Advisor:

"Just an update, I just read on the Thomson Facebook page that online check-in will not be launched in June as they thought, as they are still making some final tweaks before the launch, so it wont be available until later on in the year apparently but they will update website !!"

Wish they would keep quiet until something is actually going to go ahead.:(

Wish Thomson would get their act together. OK so at least we can check the bags in on Sunday that's if dh has his packed in time mine will be packed on the Saturday. Thanks all again you come to my rescue

Thanks for the info :)

We are flying with Thomson on 21st June and just logged in to their website and saw that they were introducing on line check in this "summer" (whenever that might be :rolleyes::D) and this is what it says.

Can I check in the day before I fly?

Yes – if you’re flying with Thomson Airways from Gatwick, Manchester or Birmingham you can check in from 12.00 midday to 10pm the day before you fly.

Just so you know, in summer 2013 we’re launching online check-in. From then onwards, you must have checked-in online to use the day before bag-drop service at Gatwick, Manchester and Birmingham. We’ll update our website with more information about online check-in before it launches.

So thanks again guys. I was going to email Thomson ;), but I will probably get a lot of gobbledygook. Better info on here eh? :D:D

Day before check-in is a good idea. It has been on the go for some time now, but only if you live near Manchester, Birmingham or Gatwick.:eek:

On-line check-in, if or when it happens, seems like a good idea but will it be for all airports or just a selected few?:confused:

Archived