Carolyn and Baby..Where are you?

Miss seeing you..OK (your typing) on here.
How are you doing, not just weight wise but
YOU wise? Feeling alright? Family?

Please stop by and drop a line, e eryday would be better!

There's others out there that aren't coming in as much too. Please come back and join us again.

Belle,
Thanks for noticing..
been only able to pop in quickly.
It's been crazy here w/parents in "questionable" health. Dad's 87 and Mom's 75 BUT she's the one w/health issues.. she's in rehab right now (was in hospital for month.. and where she's at right now is terrible.. like the cliche "nursing home"... unf. that was only place that would take her). Dad fell while visiting her and I finally convinced him to check himself out at ER.. a week ago Sunday... he was falling a bit more than normal and his sodium levels have been terrible low for several weeks.. well he's now got a pacemaker as of Tuesday and now we need to figure out what to do for him since they want to release him.. still has lowish sodium and they took him off his heart meds so I'm concerned. Mike's now in LasVegas for imp. meetings and won't be back till late Saturday night... and "of course" things are busy w/kidlets.. Libby has her dance recital Friday night and Saturday.. I CAN'T run down to dad (was there for several days till Friday) and have her miss the recital.. would break her heart (we're in another state and 110miles away and w/Mike out of town would feel right leaving kids "farmed out" to friends.. don't have relatives). So that's my dilema. Mom was going to get full time help for Dad when he was released but he's going to freak.. he wasn't too keen on having a live in when Mom's getting out (and they'll need the night help), and when I heard what arrangements Mom made w/the family aide... to have a friend of hers stay w/him (he wants his privacy.. retired cop) I told her NO WAY (if they were able to get Lisa he'd be "somewhat" ok.. not totally.. but a stranger uh uh). Also Mom's very quick to get suckered in w/agreeing to price.. don't know what going rate is for live in, but Dad doesn't need a babysitter... he's fully functional, so I got him Medic Alert button (remember the commercial.. help I've fallen and I can't get up) to be installed, but I thought Lisa was going to take care of himself herself (I don't care if they overpay HER.. we know her and she's been there for emergencies BUT she passed it on.. so "I wonder" what really is going on.
Hope I make it in one piece till Saturday night. I've been back on Atkins for 2 days now.. todays the hard one, trying to drink the H2O and get to gym (for my sanity and back). I promised Libby I'd buy her some icecream.. now I don't know if I can resist it.. don't want to break promises but I also don't want to set myself up... so I'll see if I can put her off w/it until at least Saturday (told her we'd make sundays...)
Hope to post better news.
Carolyn

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> he's fully functional, so I got him Medic Alert button (remember the commercial.. help I've fallen and I can't get up) to be installed, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate to tell you this, Carolyn... but my FIL had one of those. The first time it didn't function, we figured it was a fluke, but the second time it didn't work, was fatal... Save your money!

Pam : )
Emerald Seas 6/20/83
Nordic Empress 6/93
Imagination 3/30/00
Ecstasy 9/4/00
Majesty of the Seas 10/27/00
Triumph 12/16/00
Radiance of the Seas
3/26/01 & 3/29/01
Crown Odyssey 6/24/01
Golden Princess 10/11/01
Spirit 11/11/01
Sensation GGC 1/13/02
Sovereign of the Seas 3/24/02
Imagination 5/18/02
Pride 11/2/02
Explorer of the Seas 3/29/03
Enchantment of the Seas 9/1/03
Serenade of the Seas 10/28/03
Grand Princess 11/16/03

check out my pics at [url="http://community.webshots.com/user/lunyma"]http://community.webshots.com/user/lunyma[/url]

Carolyn..Good to see you.
Sorry your going all thru this, so busy with and worrying about your parents.

I hope they both are feeling better
and you do get help with your father.
Know it's hard when their so far away.
Mine are too (7-8 hour drive) and I'm an only child.
(sounds like your the only one too
or at least only one taking care of) them.

Please take care of your self, hope to see you once in awhile and let us know whats going on.

Pam,
Thanks for the "heads up" on medic alert...
here's the update, we were given all the wrong info from folks in the hospital. Dad was finally evaluated by PT person and exit.. he was NOT supposed to go home unattended BUT he is entitled to get rehab. Orig. we were told he wasn't eligible. Mom's there (not a good place) and she was discouraging him from going if offered. He was "up for it" but only if offered, he wasn't really going to look for it. Well Mom was yelling w/lady from hospital (at 4PM I was in dark) Dad was told earlier from cardiologist that he was staying at least until Thursday... if not longer, and then their "aide" went AWOL.... now he'll be in rehab till he gets stronger.. he'll probably won't need the "button" BUT Mom may.. she's somewhat of a housebound invalid.. falls alot (had nerve damage in leg) and other leg was/is broken, so if Dad leaves her to run errands (in future) it will be handy... don't think if she falls anything will happen other than another broken bone.
Thanks for all the support. I really appreciate it.
Carolyn

Carolyn, you are really going through a difficult time. Good thoughts sent your way [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Belle, thanks for thinking of us. My weight isn't what I would like it to be...so I tend to shy away. Hope to do better!!!

Baby..Good to see you, Please don't shy away from us.
We're all this together. We all want to lose but lot of times we gain or stay the same.
That's when we need to be here more so it won't get worse.
We're sisters in here..oops have some brothers too! We all are in the same "boat" want to lose and want to help each other!

Carolyn, bless your heart. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] It's never easy to see our parents who cared for us needing care. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;15;6;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Diamond Princess

<center>
<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/logos/time98.gif[/img]</center>

Thanks, everyone... finally have some "good news" Dad's got placed in rehab.. seems like a "good fit" (fingers crossed) and I took Libby (my lil "fashion concious" 7 1/2 yo) to her dance recital rehearsal tonight.. it was SO long.. but she was SO cute.. really stylin in her outfit (including feather boa and gloves)... to bad her Dad's going to be in Las Vegas on meetings and will miss it.. (will get the video for the rest of the family to see)
Carolyn

Archived