Dominican Republic – best and easily accessible BEACHES to go to?

I have already decided to go to a beach in the Dominican Republic. But, I’m not sure which one to go to.

Is there a place right off the ship, like there is in St. Maarten, with signs of where you would like to go and then you can find others to share a taxi with that are going to the same destination?

What beaches are recommended in the Dominican Republic that are around a half hour or less from the ship?

How much do the taxis cost to get there?

Do any have changing/restrooms easily accessible?

I have read great things about buying a Day Pass to Dreams Resort for $65, but I’m not sure if this is even an option anymore because the posts I read are not current, and I have emailed them twice in two weeks and haven’t received a response. Plus it sounded like it could be a $30 taxi ride per person, and I’m not sure I want to spend about $100.

There is a Carnival excursion called Bayahibe Beach Break, which is 4.5 hours, but it gets back at 1:30 and we don’t leave until 5pm. While the Carnival excursion is hassle free, if I’m in the Caribbean and there isn’t much to do at the port, I would like to stay at the beach until about 3:30pm if there are nice beaches near La Romana. Has anyone been on this excursion recently? I have read on older posts this excursion goes to Dreams Resort, but some newer posts suggest that may not be the case anymore.

Any input, information, or additional comments or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

We are doing dreams.....60 dollars pp....60 dollar cab ride round trip for up to 9...so if you find someone to split it with that would work too....look dreams up on fb...thats how i made my reservations

Just found out from Carnival that the resort they use for the Bayahibe Beach break is Be Live Canoa, at least for the Sept 21, 2013 cruise. There are two recent reviews that give it 5 stars on Carnival's website. The only thing stopping me from doing the Bayahibe Beach Break is I would like to spend all day at the beach. I like the hassle-free part as SASA13 mentioned, though.

Noel182002, Are you getting your taxi from the dock or are you working with Dreams Resort for the taxi. Are the taxi's readily available to return to the ship? I don't know how easy it is to find others to share a taxi with, but I don't think I want to spend $60 on a taxi for just the two of us. Thanks for all your help.

We are just getting a cab at the port...they are there ready and waiting and you just tell them what time to be back to pick you up....What date are you sailing on? I know that people meet up through their roll calls to set up with people to help split costs....look under roll calls and see if there is one listed for your sailing date...also maybe check on facebook....we are sailing on sept 22...and sept 28 on the breeze

Archived