Cabins above the disco on Glory - noisy?

Roboat

We are tentatively booked on the Glory on 11/26 Eastern. Our cabin is on the "Upper Deck" and appears to be just above the White Heat disco. Has anyone stayed in one of these cabins - I think it's 6404. Will we hear the thump of the bass until the disco closes?

Or will the folks in the disco hear me snoring? :eek: ;)

Had a group on the Glory last May and yes those in 6400 and 6402 heard it loud and clear each night. They had the chief purser, DJ, security and some other white coat at their room on the 3rd night to "hear" what was keeping them from sleeping. Really no resolution just a 15% coupon on a future sailing. I would try and change just to be sure.

We are tentatively booked on the Glory on 11/26 Eastern. Our cabin is on the "Upper Deck" and appears to be just above the White Heat disco. Has anyone stayed in one of these cabins - I think it's 6404. Will we hear the thump of the bass until the disco closes?

Or will the folks in the disco hear me snoring? :eek: ;)

Only if you snore anything like my brother. Could drown out the sound of a Saturn 5 rocket. :D

Our cabin on Conquest was on Upper Deck, on the starboard side and a little bit forward of the disco instead of directly above it on the port side. The music was definitely noticeable, but it didn't bother me once I was off to sleep. What's funny is that the music was actually easier to hear in our cabin than it was in the corridor outside...weird.

We got moved to 6280 fwd/midship. Do y'all think that location is OK?

It's next to "Old Glory", just aft of the forward elevators.

What is Old Glory?

(With my luck, it's either the firing range, the saw mill, the waste treatment facility, or the indoor rodeo) ;)

What is Old Glory?

(With my luck, it's either the firing range, the saw mill, the waste treatment facility, or the indoor rodeo) ;)

LOL! Actually if I'm not mistaken is the atrium above the lobby otherwise known as open space.

I'm leaving for my cruise on the Glory tomorrow...now I'll totally be standing in the lobby picturing a Rodeo!

We were in cabin 6329 on the Glory week of 6/11-18 and we heard no noise at all... none from below us or beside us. One afternoon I hear a kid running through the hall and on the last night I heard someone walking above us. But other than that it was the quietest room anywhere I've ever been it. It was also dark as it was an inside room. Loved it!

We had that cabin 6280 on the Glory, no sounds from below at all. My last cruise (luckily, a short all girls CTN) on the Triumph we had an aft balcony 6467 over Club Rio - the karaoke(?) bar. It sounded like a cat fight going on the one time we went back to the room early - so we turned around and went back out till the bars closed. The girls had an awesome trip.

What is Old Glory?

I was told it was "storage" area's. We'll be in 6279 on our Glory cruise. Just realized my sister's/BIL's cabin is 6281, please LMK how this area was for you.

Thanks

Thanks for all the input. :) I, too, have changed our cabin from port side above the sports bar On the Green to starboard side. We now have reserved cabin #6335 above the either the shops or the beginning of the Kaleidescope Blvd. Has anyone heard of any noise problem with this cabin or in that area of Upper deck??? :confused:

Archived