Embarkation Southampton - wine

jackieo

I would like to know too, but I feel we have to assume it is and be prepared to pay for any extra bottles we bring on. It's still cheaper than paying Princess prices so in the long run they are gonna lose out as everyone will bring on their own wine and stop buying in the dining room. They will soon realise they have made a bit of a "cock up" when everyone takes in their own bottles, a loss of at least $24 + 15% service charge. Ok we pay the 15% but that won't go to the wait staff.

Just back from the Crown. Therre was no checking of the amount of wine people brought on at Southampton or at any of the ports. I saw several people bringing on several bottles, especially from Bordeux.

SwissDave.....So glad you made the cruise. We were all worried about you!

It was a bit touch and go, especially being told on the Friday night that the only available flights were at 5pm on Saturday!!! but BA came through and got me on the 7.30am flight.

And was Crown still in a good state? I hope you had good cruise.:)

I had a great cruise thanks Caber. The things I looked at were all ok. I know there have been complaints of the ship looking a bit tired, but to be honest, to my eye there was not much wrong with her.

My only real complaint was the fact someone on the ship like very dull lighting, especially in club fusion and round the photo gallery. Was so dark sometimes I couldnt seee where I was going.

I boarded the Crown on 11th may in Southampton there was no checking of hand luggage I could see. I only had 2 bottles of champagne in my hand luggage. However my packs of coke cans in my suitcase had been opened prior to getting to my room.

Archived