Celtic Thunder-Victory Nov. 2

Sounds like fun but $1600 for an inside, $3600 for balcony (rate for couple) for 5 day cruise out of Miami is a bit more than I'd be willing to spend for additional entertainment. I can buy a lot of CD's and concert tickets for the additional pricing!

Wonder if anyone in there group knows how to play steel drums?! :)

Sounds like fun but $1600 for an inside, $3600 for balcony (rate for couple) for 5 day cruise out of Miami is a bit more than I'd be willing to spend for additional entertainment. I can buy a lot of CD's and concert tickets for the additional pricing!

Wonder if anyone in there group knows how to play steel drums?! :)

I was actually pretty impressed with the pricing. Sure it's only a 5 day, so $799pp interior is a bit high BUT that includes not only entertainment but 10 drinks per person. That averages to what about $80pp? That's a good bonus, and the extras as far as theming that couldn't be enjoyed on any other cruise, I'd say $799pp for an inside is a fair rate.

I never heard of Celtic Thunder before hearing about this cruise and even so I kinda want to go! Won't be able to, but would do it if I could get time off.

~Katy

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going! Yes, the price is high, but the value is great. Celtic Thunder will be performing 2 full shows (twice, once for each dinner seating) as well as individual performances from the group, plus other artists, plus comedians, plus a psychic (I see dead people!), plus Irish pubs, plus dance lessons and a ceili, etc etc etc. CT will be on board the entire time. I've seen other theme cruises where the performers board at one port and are gone the next. Not this cruise! We're all onboard for the duration and 5 days isn't anywhere NEAR long enough!

come on, you know you want to sign up...! :D

My niece will turn 21 a few weeks before we go and she is very excited about the cruise. She's a HUGE CT fan and has been them since their first show on PBS. The cruise is pricey, but we are getting an awful lot for the money, including 10 free drinks. We initially had an oceanview room but took the upgrade deal and now have a balcony.

This is my first fully chartered cruise so I have no idea what to expect. I'm happy with the ports (never been to either) and the Victory is a similar ship to the Glory - I really liked the Glory. The crowd will be all CT fans, so that should be interesting.

I pout every time I see the ads. I've followed CT for years now and the performances are so "clean". PBS just had a showing within the past week, enjoyed it immensely. For a $200 donation, you'd get special seating here in Melborne, Fl. in the near future.

I'd go on the cruise in a flash, but sometimes real life gets in the way, as it has with me.

For those going on this cruise, have a great time.

I'm in! I booked a single cabin for $1424. DH cannot go with, so I'm going by myself. I have been on 10 cruises, all but one on HAL. This will be my first Carnival cruise. I have been reading reviews of the Victory, but I mostly take them with a grain of salt, having posted on the HAL boards many times, and realize that, as my dad always said, "Difference of opinion makes horse races".

I am eager to meet up with other "single" (by that I mean cruising alone, not unattached :)) cruisers. I live in Colorado and will be flying into Miami on Friday, staying at the Intercontinental.

I'm in! I booked a single cabin for $1424. DH cannot go with, so I'm going by myself. I have been on 10 cruises, all but one on HAL. This will be my first Carnival cruise. I have been reading reviews of the Victory, but I mostly take them with a grain of salt, having posted on the HAL boards many times, and realize that, as my dad always said, "Difference of opinion makes horse races".

I am eager to meet up with other "single" (by that I mean cruising alone, not unattached :)) cruisers. I live in Colorado and will be flying into Miami on Friday, staying at the Intercontinental.

Have a great time! :)

Archived