Adventurous Excursion?

gquest

Hello,

I was browsing through Carnival's website and it looks like all the excursions for St. Thomas involved snorkeling or the beach. Is there anything adventurous to do in St. Thomas? Does anyone know of an independent tour operator offering horseback riding? Any suggestions for a group in their 20's? Thanks

Don't know about horseback riding, but I HIGHLY recommend a day sail with Captain Pam on the Fantasy. It is around $120 p/p for the day, but it is a very small group. You ride over to Red Hook via taxi, then she takes you out all day to St. John to explore and snorkle. We fed the fish and saw tons of turtles. It was an amazing day.

Here's her info:

http://Http://www.SailingVI.com

Hello,

There isn't horseback on St. Thomas anymore. It is available on St. John if you want to go over their on your own.

Are you a diver... maybe an intro to dive class? or if you are certified a wreck dive?

Parasailing? an aerial tour?

--Islander

www.*****

How far away is St. John? Where do these horseback rides go? Thanks again.....This is really good stuff :D

St. John is a short 15 or 45 minute ferry ride away from St. Thomas. There are two ferries; Red Hook (15 minutes), Charlotte Amalie (45 minutes).

So you'd do taxi to ferry, ferry to St. John, taxi to Coral Bay (which is where the horses are).

Give them a call and find out what they offer.

Carolina Corral (340)693-5778 and the second is Villa Vakoolla (contact Richard) c812@viaccess.net

--Islander

http://www.*****

hey gquest,I feel like I know you from somewhere... anyway-

the mrs. and I were looking into these 'bob' underwater scooter things for our big trip. I've seen some great reviews and some 'so-so' reviews.

the site is www.bobusvi.com- this might be up your alley.

Yo Wats up Jason??? Thanks for the information. Wow, that is definitely a little stange. I have a feeling that one could go either way. Keep me posted on what you find.

We rented a boat for the day (plus a captain so we didnt have to worry about where we were going). We used Awwesome Powerboat rentals out of red hook harbor. The boat fit 8 plus a captain. They provided a cooler for you to bring food and drinks onboard. The captain took us to some great spots in St. John. We stayed and snorkeled/swam as long as we liked, then moved on. We alos went to a few places off St. Thomas. I don't like to be on someone elses agenda, so this works well for me.

• 1 year later...

Hi, we are in St Thomas aboard the Adventure of the Seas in August 2006. Would like to ride, but htere is no longer riding on St Thomas. Would we be able to ferry to St John, taxi to one of these ridning establishments and get back to the ship by 4 or 4:30? How long would the taxi ride be from the ferry to the other side of the island where the horses are? Has anyone had experience with riding on St John?

Archived