Advise for me? Obsessive.

I don't know but I feel like the number on the scales is getting too important to me, I have been going to the gym 4 times a week for 3 months and have lost only 4 lbs!!! I do notice a big difference in muscles, but I want to get down to about 135 (i am 5'9), is this unrealistic? I weight 155 and am an active 23 year old, I can't seem to make the scale move, and the more I obsess the worse it gets. Driving me crazy. Any new ideas?

First of all, welcome MiamiNicole!

You're going to hear this over and over again...drink lots and lots of water. At least 64 oz per day to start (more in Miami!)

Muscle weighs more than fat too. Did you take your measurements before you started? You may be surprised that you lost inches and not weight.

Stay tuned to this board for some great advice and support!

Lynn

Majesty of the Seas 06/01

Monarch of the Seas 06/02

Explorer of the Seas 05/03

Navigator of the Seas 06/05/04

I agree to what Lynn said, only other thing..

is what are you eating or drinking?

Sometimes are eating habits outweigh our exercise habits. Then we just stay the same.

Welcome and Good Luck.

quite frankly, nicole, yes, you are probably being unrealistic. your BMI right now is 22.9, normal weight is 18.5 to 24.9, which puts you just slightly over the middle. at 135, that would put you nearly into underweight. on top of that, you say you are active and muscular, so your weight should be at the upper end of normal, because muscle weighs more than fat. you could go to a sports physiologist and have them determine your fat percentage, and your fitness score, however, i doubt that is really necessary. if you are eating a healthy diet, i would say you need to relax your expectations for yourself.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> number on the scales is getting too important to me...is this unrealistic...the more I obsess the worse it gets...me crazy <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

seeing as you are a young female, and are having these feelings of obsession about what the scale is saying, perhaps you need to speak with a doctor, before you get into real trouble. being concerned and aware of what you are eating to be healthy is fine, but obsessing over numbers is not. we will definately support you if you feel you want to eat healthy, but please talk to some type of professional about your unrealistic expectations.

(sorry, it is the nurse in me coming out!)

gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now.....hurry december!!!

kim

scandanavian cruise line 1987

cape canaviral - 1995

carnival jubilee - sept 2002

CARIVAL VALOR - DEC 26, 2004 (2ND VOYAGE FOR HER)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;12;26;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  days to go!!!!!!

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Thanks for the advise. I think I may be obsessing a little too much. I have lowered my expectations a little and realize it might take me longer than i thought (cruise is not until december anyhow). I am going to try and loose 15 lbs (140), I think I need to drink more water and stop eating after 7. It is just tough with a little sister that is a model, a size 4 and does not work out at all!! Thanks for the advise and don't worry I have talked to my Mom, I will not let the diet overcome me. I am from Miami and have seen a lot of friends go down that road!

I'm glad your thinking about your diet and not going overboard. I missed before that your 5'9'.

Your weight isn't bad, you got the height. I bet you look great.

Please don't compare yourself to others! Know

it's hard, especially if a sister. Everyones body is different!

The main thing is to be fit, healthy and happy.

Keep checking in with us.

Nicole, a person who is 5'9" and wears a size 8 is a fantastic size. Too much emphasis is placed on our younger females to try to look rail thin. I'm sorry, but those models that are 5'10" and wear a size 2 or 4 are NOT attractive. (I'm not saying your sister fits into this mold.) Are you healthy, do you look good in your clothes, and are you comfortable in a bathing suit? I bet you look fantastic! Trust me, men would rather have a woman that looks like a woman, not like a bean pole. Don't be so hard on yourself. Like I said before, I'm sure you are beautiful and shouldn't even be worrying about your weight. Take care!

<MARQUEE>icon_smile.gifShelia icon_smile.gif</MARQUEE>

Sailing the Mariner in.......

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<font color="#003399" face="Benguiat Bk BT">Carnival Destiny 2002</font>

Archived