Where Are You Crusing To In 2014?

cruzeluver

• 2 weeks later...

Hubby and I are from New Zealand and flying to USA for a cruise, drive and cruise home on Arcadia - its leaves San Fran 31 Jan. Anyway ... we get to Los Angeles from NZ around 15 December and options we're considering are:

A. Fly to east coast and do a 7 to 14 day carribbean, etc cruise circuit from 15 Dec, then drive back to San Fran over 4 weeks across the South in time to pick Arcadia back home.

B. Drive from Los Ang to east coat over 4 or so weeks, then do a 7 to 14 day cruise mid to late Jan flying back to San Fran to pick up the Arcadia home.

Have been on a couple of cruises before (Celebrity), fortunately both times outside school holidays so not over-run with someone elses rug-rats; and had a great time meeting people at LGBT meets on board. But have some apprehension about taking cruises out of Fort L or Miami that they might be over-run with kids.

Would welcome advice from any experienced cruisers on the times we're looking to cruise in A and B above. Are both periods OK in terms of avoiding crowds of kids? I've read elsewhere that first 2 weeks of December are good. But can't make it there that early.

Cheers

Peter (and D)

Oh ... we got married couple months ago too - after 25 years. Yay.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

My partner and I are taking a 14-day B2B cruise on Holland-America's Nieuw Amsterdam. Departing Fort Lauderdale 14 December. Hope to see meet more nice people aboard in the ngihtclub or at the FOD gatherings.

This will be our second Caribbean Christmas cruise!