Cancelling specialty dining on the Breakaway

dapod423

If someone in the party decides to cancel on the pre paid reservation how does NCL refund the money? Is it right back to the credit card? Or will it be in the form of an OBC?

Also does anyone know how to cancel? Is there an option on MYNCL? or do we wait until we get on board.

Bascially I think my father may skip Ocean Blue. He is a big fan of cruising because you can order as many apps and entrees as you want or get extra meat. And apparently that isn't so at Ocean Blue and he is having a hard time swallowing $35 to leave hungry.

You must call ncl. The number is 1-866-234-7350. you will also need your reservation number which is on the top of your dining confirmation.I just cancelled one for myself. It will be refunded to your credit card.

You need to call. Then they transfer you to some team

They were very nice.

You have until 24 hours before to cancel

They said that the credit goes back on the credit card that you charged.

I cancelled a pre ordered spa reservation once on RCL and they refunded it as an on board credit.

If someone in the party decides to cancel on the pre paid reservation how does NCL refund the money? Is it right back to the credit card? Or will it be in the form of an OBC?

Also does anyone know how to cancel? Is there an option on MYNCL? or do we wait until we get on board.

Bascially I think my father may skip Ocean Blue. He is a big fan of cruising because you can order as many apps and entrees as you want or get extra meat. And apparently that isn't so at Ocean Blue and he is having a hard time swallowing $35 to leave hungry.

Also keep in mind that at any of the specialty restaurants, the new policy is that you will pay additional money for extra apps and/or entrees. To my recollection it was $4 for apps and $10 for an additional entree.

Tracy

Tracy, when did you notice this additional charge or policy?

Thanks

Also keep in mind that at any of the specialty restaurants, the new policy is that you will pay additional money for extra apps and/or entrees. To my recollection it was $4 for apps and $10 for an additional entree.

Tracy

Tracy

Where did you see this? This is the first time I've seen anything about extra apps costing more.

I did read a review where the person said that he asked for an app, salad, entree and dessert and the chef came out to explain that at Ocean Blue they serve a three course meal (app, entree and dessert). He could make him a salad but would have to charge him $4.50.

That post is what prompted me to think this will not be for my father. he likes two entrees and if not a full entree at least double of the protein.

I don't know if the other restaurants are like this now, but if they are that is a big disappointment.

When you say "extra apps," does that mean you can only order 1 thing from all the pre entree choices before a surcharge applies? In other words, you could have soup or a salad, but not both? I have read this about Ocean Blue, but does this now apply to all the specialties.?

I recall specifically at Cagney's and Le Bistro that we could order a soup, salad and entree and it was stated right on the menu about the extra charges. At Ocean Blue, it stated that it was a three course meal as the OP mentioned.

Tracy

Archived