Recent Imagination cruisers

reddgrits

The ship's arrival time in Cozumel is 1:00 pm; is there a time difference to figure out? Trying to plan excursions and don't know if we should go to resorts that close at 5:00 like PB or go to Money Bar or El Cid. Thanks for any help!:)

The ship's arrival time in Cozumel is 1:00 pm; is there a time difference to figure out? Trying to plan excursions and don't know if we should go to resorts that close at 5:00 like PB or go to Money Bar or El Cid. Thanks for any help!:)

There may indeed be a time difference to figure out due to several factors. I'm pretty sure that Cozumel is in the same time zone as Central Time. Also, the initial embarkation port of the Imagination is on Eastern time (and most of the USA is also on Daylight Saving Time this time of year). Usually on Carnival passengers are required to set their watches to "ship time" no matter what the local time in port is. I cannot give specifics, but these are some of the points you'll need to consider when determining what the time will be when you will be in Cozumel. Hopefully other respondents can give you more concrete information.

One other thing I forgot to mention: Do not rely on your cell phone for the time while ashore in a port-of-call. Always wear a watch which is set to the "ship time". This is because your phone may switch to the local time since it may be affected by the local cell towers of whatever island you're on. And the time on the island may be different than the "ship's time".

Did this same cruise in April & loved it, review is in my signature. We arrived in Cozumel at 1pm ship time, which was actually noon island time. Went to Mr Sanchos & left when they closed around 5:30. Got back to the port with plenty of time to shop & grab some drinks at Fat Tuesday:D

Have a great time!!!

Archived