Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

I'm looking forward to a photo like this one of the Breakaway

5363691872e7e2e4c0dd1ff4adbbf603.jpg

Not sure if you noticed but NCL Breakaway has three bow thrusters (that are visible) while Quantum has four. I guess due to the difference in size it was warranted.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Not sure if you noticed but NCL Breakaway has three bow thrusters (that are visible) while Quantum has four. I guess due to the difference in size it was warranted.

There's a 4th smaller one that is barely visible in this photo:

http://www.gce-agency.com/bilder_kunden/ncl/Norw_Breakaway_MG_3747.jpg

Ha! My bad! We're showing NCL Breakaway-class ships in this thread again! :rolleyes:

Ha! My bad! We're showing NCL Breakaway-class ships in this thread again! :rolleyes:

It's obvious that we are all looking for a fix and we'll take it anyway we can. Just like I started looking at the depping website at Breakaway pics.

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=321&pid=10318#top_display_media

Seriously??? They put a scale in the bathroom???

That a really small one compared to the ones forward.

Hey I dont think anyone here has an issue showing NCL Breakaway class ships. We all know and should agree that because of their presence we were able to get some good looks at Quantum in Hall 6. :)

It's obvious that we are all looking for a fix and we'll take it anyway we can. Just like I started looking at the depping website at Breakaway pics.

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=321&pid=10318#top_display_media

Seriously??? They put a scale in the bathroom???

Tina - You notice that he does not have a single image of Quantum on his site. This is a guy that has a huge collection of practically all builds at Meyer Werft. Strange isn't it.

Tina - You notice that he does not have a single image of Quantum on his site. This is a guy that has a huge collection of practically all builds at Meyer Werft. Strange isn't it.

Very and I was looking on Ingrid's site too and wondering why she took off the QoS pics from way back when and hasn't put any up there too.

Your thoughts?

Very and I was looking on Ingrid's site too and wondering why she took off the QoS pics from way back when and hasn't put any up there too.

Your thoughts?

I think Ingrid took hers out (and Andre if he had any) because a restriction on Quantum pictures that RCI demanded. A rep from Meyer Werft basically told me Quantum pictures in Hall 6 are not allowed. So when you look at Ingrid's site the only Quantum pictures you see are those next to a NCL ship (lucky for us). Even the engine pictures are gone. Currently she has nothing RCI but does have Celebrity still which is interesting.

I think Ingrid took hers out (and Andre if he had any) because a restriction on Quantum pictures that RCI demanded. A rep from Meyer Werft basically told me Quantum pictures in Hall 6 are not allowed. So when you look at Ingrid's site the only Quantum pictures you see are those next to a NCL ship (lucky for us). Even the engine pictures are gone. Currently she has nothing RCI but does have Celebrity still which is interesting.

I wonder if the Meyer Werft press photos, but more importantly, the ones in the gallery on the RCI press center webpage are Ingrid's?

I wonder if the Meyer Werft press photos, but more importantly, the ones in the gallery on the RCI press center webpage are Ingrid's?

Interesting question. If she is, they are not allowing her to publish any on her site of Quantum for now. Maybe when Quantum is complete and all the reveals are out by RCI she can.

Perhaps Royal Caribbean signed an exclusive broadcast rights deal with a third party like Discovery Channel to cover the construction. Could be why we don't see third party photos, they may not be allowed under the terms of the deal. I'm sure it wouldn't effect their announcements but it could have a say in what photos they can release of the actual construction.

Perhaps Royal Caribbean signed an exclusive broadcast rights deal with a third party like Discovery Channel to cover the construction. Could be why we don't see third party photos, they may not be allowed under the terms of the deal. I'm sure it wouldn't effect their announcements but it could have a say in what photos they can release of the actual construction.

Interesting theory! Could be a plausible explanation beyond just normal run of the mill RCI secrecy.

Derek- You do make a good point on that. We know that Nick Weir formally with Celebrity who did the video documentary "Building Celebrity Reflection" is now with Royal Caribbean Int'l as VP for Entertaiment. So he theorically could do one on Quantum.

We aren't the only ones speculating when it comes to the Quantum of the Seas...

Some speculating over at Malcom Oliver's Cruise Blog:

http://malcolmoliver.wordpress.com/tag/quantum-of-the-seas/

image16.jpg

Edit: Big image. Sorry.

Yeah I saw it the other day, and I think he does make some interesting good observations especially about deck 5. His screen grabs were very good. The oval space he talks about on deck 5 almost looks like the footprint of the Rising Tide Bar on the Oasis Class.

Not Discovery Channel. :(

When Oasis was being built we often got leaked reports during her build because one of the workers would post what was happening, plus with the build happening outside then there were some aerial shots around.

Yeah I saw it the other day, and I think he does make some interesting good observations especially about deck 5. His screen grabs were very good. The oval space he talks about on deck 5 almost looks like the footprint of the Rising Tide Bar on the Oasis Class.

Great screen grabs. When I tried to grab an image after first seeing the video, it came out blurry. Rising Tide Bar or a fountain. Both would be appealing.

I too am wondering where it would be on the promenade deck. My eyes are always drawn to that trellis-like structure(?) on the starboard side of the ship squeezed between two life boats. Naaah, couldn't be. Must be some scaffolding. Maybe there's more space on the port side which has a different layout?

89e4028af8475d0a61ff6dd8ffa6df01.jpg

The rendering of that area does have possibilities.

LLoyd- Going back to your initial thinking, check the deck plans of deck 5. Space between third to last and second to last lifeboats on starboard side and by third to last on port side. That space is what we think is currently scaffolding may afterall be something else. You can also see similar on the center humps as possibilities.

While appreciating the screen grab again, I wondered if that trellis-like structure mentioned earlier is in the same spot as that bar-like structure out on the deck in the model?

Trellisandbar_zps04867b09.jpg

That would be good if they did. Discovery or one of the other type channels to do a documentary or maybe even a DVD like Celebrity filmed on the construction of the Reflection.

While appreciating the screen grab again, I wondered if that trellis-like structure mentioned earlier is in the same spot as that bar-like structure out on the deck in the model?

Trellisandbar_zps04867b09.jpg

Good grab. That trellis structure is exactly between the Life Boats on the deck 5 plan and as originally thought could be an outside promenade something. Could that trellis like future also be glass like enclosed, or an arbor type structure?

Derek- You do make a good point on that. We know that Nick Weir formally with Celebrity who did the video documentary "Building Celebrity Reflection" is now with Royal Caribbean Int'l as VP for Entertaiment. So he theorically could do one on Quantum.

Didn't know he moved. Hopefully that can give us some extra hope then. His personal attachment and understanding of the industry really set that documentary apart.

That would be good if they did. Discovery or one of the other type channels to do a documentary or maybe even a DVD like Celebrity filmed on the construction of the Reflection.

I've seen shows on the Travel Channel on cruise ships when Samantha Brown was doing them. That's where I saw Freedom before I went on it. The NatGeo channel has a show on Mega Cruise Ships. So hopefully we'll see QoS on there.

Didn't know he moved. Hopefully that can give us some extra hope then. His personal attachment and understanding of the industry really set that documentary apart.

Yes last year September is when he moved. See link to press release.

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1029/royal-caribbean-appoints-nick-weir-to-vice-president-of-entertainment/