Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

More blocks delivered to Meyer Werft by tugs.

Anthem of the Seas block towed by tug to Meyer Werft

8a3086508defa69503c1778115e7fee4.jpg

Photo by Bert Romeling at http://www.tugspotters.com

Anthem of the Seas block arriving at Meyer Werft, where bow section with thrusters already sits waiting outside Hall 5.

dbb7b7a8c1034d1acecbcd8404eadefa.jpg

Photo by Christian Radtke at http://www.tugspotters.com

Edited by Lloyd555

More blocks delivered to Meyer Werft by tugs.

Anthem of the Seas block towed by tug to Meyer Werft

8a3086508defa69503c1778115e7fee4.jpg

Photo by Bert Romeling at http://www.tugspotters.com

Anthem of the Seas block arriving at Meyer Werft, where bow section with thrusters already sits waiting outside Hall 5.

dbb7b7a8c1034d1acecbcd8404eadefa.jpg

Photo by Christian Radtke at http://www.tugspotters.com

Is it possible that this new keel section is actually for the Norwegian Escape cruise ship? Construction began in March with the steel cutting. The keel shows up in the chart in August. The chart also shows how much of the bow and stern needs to be added to the ends of the two megablocks. Lloyd555 and Ourusualbeach were posting on this topic.

AugustMWchart_zps8169e7b5.jpg

Edited by Tough as Leather

I figured that at this stage with work on three ships, it would be hard to tell which ships new blocks would belong to.

On another note, while showing my old aunt some of HD1080ide's photos of the float out of Anthem MEGABLOCK 1, she pointed to openings in the deck 5 wall that looked to her like doorways or floor-to-ceiling windows. There are also boarded up windows(?) along the top of the wall. As for the bigger openings, they don't seem to line up with the retail spots or the promenade. Instead they line up with the smoke stack areas (or staff-only areas) along outer wall. That's it. Just an observation.

WindowsinPromenade_zps6afd8e77.jpg

Edited by Tough as Leather

It is strange that with almost a month away from float-out we still have not seen details of the inside. Very different from the Oasis release of info.

The ironic thing is that with Oasis they actually released to early. Most of the renderings were not finalized. I remember Central Park was a rushed announcement because a poster on another forum was posting construction pictures and the split structure was obvious. They even stated that they did not plan to make the announcement for another month or two during the announcement. When they released the images everyone was confused because none of the pictures matched. They had at least three different sets of concept art that were all released as official art work and I don't think a single one was the actual product we got. I'd hope they are beyond that state by now, but maybe they still have some elements that aren't finalized and don't want people complaining when the artwork doesn't match.

The ironic thing is that with Oasis they actually released to early. Most of the renderings were not finalized. I remember Central Park was a rushed announcement because a poster on another forum was posting construction pictures and the split structure was obvious. They even stated that they did not plan to make the announcement for another month or two during the announcement. When they released the images everyone was confused because none of the pictures matched. They had at least three different sets of concept art that were all released as official art work and I don't think a single one was the actual product we got. I'd hope they are beyond that state by now, but maybe they still have some elements that aren't finalized and don't want people complaining when the artwork doesn't match.

You do make some valid points. We know that some of the exterior renderings are already different from the actual that we have seen thus far in Hall 6. We have also already seen them change some of the cabin types on Anthem adding more Family JS and GS. It would not surprise me if a lot will be changed on the third Quantum ship as they "refine" the product based on customer feedback and new industry trends.

I'm in the same 6648 !! Hopefully some pics soon

Yes, I would really like to see how incredibly small the single cabin is and hopefully how much larger the balcony is than one or two doors down. The price was right so I went with it. ;)

Denise

Either Meyer Werft has a really big guard dog that they keep on a chain, or this is for a Quantum-class ship...

ad233b4d84d42a55992090cdea5d6c37.jpg

I think the chain is to keep that Anthem mega block from swimming off to mate with an apt building in town. 😍

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

You always have good pictures Lloyd, she is looking good. Thanks :)

Well, I'd like to thank Meyer Werft management for having a great visitor centre where people can not only learn about this awesome shipyard, but observe the Royal Caribbean ships under construction. Thanks to the many visitors who share their photos. Thanks to the people who I have met online who have helped me get some cool photos, and also those who appreciate them as well.

Oh, and thanks to the minions too of course. :D