Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Also keep in mind the screen was shown in the center location on deck plan and renderings pretty much from day one. I am really curious why the change.

[ATTACH]328187[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]328188[/ATTACH]

Well, at some point, it appears as if they tied the screen down to the deck?

f01302f493e35dd20718dfdef2000d18.jpg

Hello,

Quantum is currently still in Bremerhaven:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/zoom:10/mmsi:311000267/centerx:8.551683/centery:53.56075

If it does move to Hamburg then we will see it. Hamburg has q a few Webcams but am not sure if you can see the the Blohm & Voss dry dock but certainly there's a live stream approach to the port so we should be able to goggle at Quantum if she passes.

http://www.webcamgalore.com/EN/webcam/Germany/Hamburg/3674.html

I wish it was 1 December already. *sigh*

Lesley

Hello,

Quantum is currently still in Bremerhaven:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/zoom:10/mmsi:311000267/centerx:8.551683/centery:53.56075

If it does move to Hamburg then we will see it. Hamburg has q a few Webcams but am not sure if you can see the the Blohm & Voss dry dock but certainly there's a live stream approach to the port so we should be able to goggle at Quantum if she passes.

http://www.webcamgalore.com/EN/webcam/Germany/Hamburg/3674.html

I wish it was 1 December already. *sigh*

Lesley

http://player.livespotting.tv/?p=hotel-hamburg.de&te=default2&th=default2&pl=syndication&ratio=16:9&pla=default&tbar=false&ch=LS_000000000034

if she arrives this will give you a good view. the dry dock is left after the swimming docks, you cant see it.

http://www.capsandiego.de/webcam.html

here you can see the swimming docks too. when qots will go in the dock she need the complete elbe to go in. this is why they need a high water stand. actually its raining in hamburg :)

I was looking at interior Two70 photos and it occurred to me - are they projecting images onto the glass itself (don't know how/if that would work) or lowering screens down to the floor?

0fb694246ed0408de03e122d381a2710.jpg

There are screens that lower over the glass to create a giant projection screen.

There are screens that lower over the glass to create a giant projection screen.

I disagree. They will project the images directly on the glass.

Go to :50 seconds this youtube video about 270. "We can project images on the wall, glass, and floor."

Go to :50 seconds this youtube video about 270. "We can project images on the wall, glass, and floor."

That video was from last year and is no longer accurate. During the technology event they mentioned the screens specifically as well as that it will have 18 8K projectors, not the 15 claimed in the original announcement from last year. Check out 25 minutes into the telecast, he specifically says the screens come down to cover the windows. They may not have originally planned it that way but it is now. That is probably why the ordinal concept art shows the windows frames over the projections while the new concept art that is released now shows the screens as a large single panel with no window frames over it.

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/video/436/archive-quantum-of-the-seas-technology-telecast/

Edited by DEIx15x8

You have an interesting screen name. How did you choose it?

I first picked it out as my AIM screen-name back in 2001 when I wanted to be more anonymous online, all my newer accounts are back to my original DMPicone username but Cruise Critic doesn't allow name changes. I'm a big NASCAR fan so it stands for "Dale Earnhardt Incorporated" (DEI) and their two main teams at that time, Michael Waltrip (#15) and Dale Earnhardt Jr (#8). The "x"'s are just because everyone else seemed to be using them. None of the references are really valid anymore but I still like it and use it all over the place. It's more the icon I made that I've turned into my standard image across every account on the web to represent me. That's the old TechTV (a former tech channel that was bought out in 2004, but inspired me to get into technology for a career) logo overlaid on an Apple logo.

Edited by DEIx15x8

I first picked it out as my AIM screen-name back in 2001 when I wanted to be more anonymous online, all my newer accounts are back to my original DMPicone username but Cruise Critic doesn't allow name changes. I'm a big NASCAR fan so it stands for "Dale Earnhardt Incorporated" (DEI) and their two main teams at that time, Michael Waltrip (#15) and Dale Earnhardt Jr (#8). The "x"'s are just because everyone else seemed to be using them. None of the references are really valid anymore but I still like it and use it all over the place. It's more the icon I made that I've turned into my standard image across every account on the web to represent me. That's the old TechTV (a former tech channel that was bought out in 2004, but inspired me to get into technology for a career) logo overlaid on an Apple logo.

Wondered about that. Bummer about JR today.

If you really want to change your name you can email help@cruisecritic.com. Just explain why you want to change it and they will do it.

That video was from last year and is no longer accurate. During the technology event they mentioned the screens specifically as well as that it will have 18 8K projectors, not the 15 claimed in the original announcement from last year. Check out 25 minutes into the telecast, he specifically says the screens come down to cover the windows. They may not have originally planned it that way but it is now. That is probably why the ordinal concept art shows the windows frames over the projections while the new concept art that is released now shows the screens as a large single panel with no window frames over it.

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/video/436/archive-quantum-of-the-seas-technology-telecast/

Looks like it is indeed screens.

From Ingrid Fiebak:

ee83bf437731edba2951c7cf46e93eea.jpg

From another contributor:

794e82fa36f2a25718b5d00d55bab8e7.jpg

Meyer Werft has just stated that QotS will leave Bremerhaven during the night from wednesday to thursday and then go to the drydock in Hamburg on thursday. So, the ship will not be delivered on saturday, but monday next week.

Does this mean now that QN will be behind schedule as I believe she was to be delivered on the 25th October ?

This is the first ship whose delivery will be delayed. Only two days, but this costs the ship yard quite a lot of money.

Thank you for that info. Yes that was what I thought, I guess QN is so different from other ships MW has built that they have hit on a problem that they could not have foreseen.

I assume that RCCL will have a back up plan/schedule incase of a delay and that those of us booked on 11/2 Maiden Voyage should not be worried ?