Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Nice! I'll finally sail on board a radiance class ship next April (Jewel) out of San Juan.:cool:

Nice !! I had to move my quantum cruise to the anthem for next nov.. No way I was going to last until next year, got a great deal on the serenade with fire and EMS discount, couldn't turn it down

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Nice !! I had to move my quantum cruise to the anthem for next nov.. No way I was going to last until next year, got a great deal on the serenade with fire and EMS discount, couldn't turn it down

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

LOL. I hear ya. The wait would've been too much for me too.

I'm looking into the Anthem for next November. We may end up on the same sailing.

LOL. I hear ya. The wait would've been too much for me too.

I'm looking into the Anthem for next November. We may end up on the same sailing.

We are scheduled for nov 30th. We are doing a guys vacation !! One friend wife died last year so we decided to take the 12 day and holding him to his promise that he made to his wife before she passed... Looking forward to it

Losing steam for quantum and anthem with the lack of info from rccl and the lack of hype from them. Lloyd has done a fantastic job keeping everyone going so far !

Edited by Brian131489

We are scheduled for nov 30th. We are doing a guys vacation !! One friend wife died last year so we decided to take the 12 day and holding him to his promise that he made to his wife before she passed... Looking forward to it

Losing steam for quantum and anthem with the lack of info from rccl and the lack of hype from them. Lloyd has done a fantastic job keeping everyone going so far !

Sorry to hear of your friends loss but it's awesome he has a group of great friends. :cool:

I lost my excitement for the Quantum months ago. I'm on the inaugural and it really doesn't phase me one bit. I was beyond excited during the Oasis inaugural.

Lloyd has done a phenomenal job! Just think...if it weren't for his updates we would have little or no information.

I wish could have afforded the inaugural but, other things came up

I booked when reservations first opened. Had I not done so, I would not be on this sailing. The prices are ridiculous now!

Of course it's gonna be a day (or middle of the night/early morning) when I have to get up and go to work. Who cares - I will just go to work very -very tired.

Pat

I was just having that same thought.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Tweeted by royalcaribbean pr[ATTACH]321445[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Forums

I know they put it on their press page, but I question how old that picture is...reason being...the last pic we saw of Quantum, the water was in the dock, there was no tug in front, and the gate was closed. Did they actually take out the Anthem block, drain the dock completely, and are setting up to move out the Q?

Quantum_of_the_Seas_01_W716.jpg

That was the last image from MW....So if the new "tweet" from Royal clearly shows that Anthem is already out of there. So it's now an issue either with weather needed to move all the pieces around outside, or something needs to be completed indoors on the Q that's causing the delay.

I know they put it on their press page, but I question how old that picture is...reason being...the last pic we saw of Quantum, the water was in the dock, there was no tug in front, and the gate was closed. Did they actually take out the Anthem block, drain the dock completely, and are setting up to move out the Q?

I wonder if this was taken around the time the first Anthem block was moved, or if the second Anthem block has been moved out.

Can we get some eyes on this? ;-)

:D

Someone with a camera in the area should be able to see the second block outside of the yard if this were to be true.

I wonder if this was taken around the time the first Anthem block was moved, or if the second Anthem block has been moved out.

Can we get some eyes on this? ;-)

:D

Someone with a camera in the area should be able to see the second block outside of the yard if this were to be true.

I don't believe this predates the pic with water in the dock. Take a look at the paint job on the bulbous bow... nice and polished off in the RCI PR pic. The pic with water in the dock shows the bulbous bow covered with some plastic and the paint doesn't look finished yet.

Also... and this is just my interpretation, the preceding pics make it look like there's not enough room in front of Q for that tug and the pic to be taken, if the lock were still in place...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I don't believe this predates the pic with water in the dock. Take a look at the paint job on the bulbous bow... nice and polished off in the RCI PR pic. The pic with water in the dock shows the bulbous bow covered with some plastic and the paint doesn't look finished yet.

Also... and this is just my interpretation, the preceding pics make it look like there's not enough room in front of Q for that tug and the pic to be taken, if the lock were still in place...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I would tend to agree, they removed the block in the hall to get ready to flood it for float out. I would think it would be easier to flood the whole thing at once vs flooding either side and trying to remove the block.

Meyer Werft has announced a new date for the float out: August 12 at 4:00 pm local time

I have also found a nice webcam which is showing the first mega block of the Anthem of the Seas: http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/helper/stream.jsp

This webcam is not linked on their Website for some reason. Maybe someone forgot it.

Edited by HD1080ide

Meyer Werft has announced a new date for the float out: August 12 at 4:00 pm local time

I have also found a nice webcam which is showing the first mega block of the Anthem of the Seas: http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/helper/stream.jsp

This webcam is not linked on their Website for some reason. Maybe someone forgot it.

Thanks!