Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Didn't expect that shot. I thought they had already installed the loft suite block above 270 in some of the previous pictures without the glass installed in 270. I've been in the "can't have a Royal Caribbean ship without a Viking Crown Lounge" group, but in this shot it actually does look like a VCL, just lower. The renderings don't seem to show it in the same way, perhaps the upward angle that we're used to viewing a VCL from is what's doing it.

Perhaps.

I, too, also like the Viking Crown Lounge though I don't spend that much time in it because the smoking affects my g/f too much. But at the same time, there is always another venue to enjoy around the ship so assuming there is not going to be a Viking Crown lounge(as we know it) it would not be a deal breaker for me. And from all the renderings I have been studying, I do not see a Viking Crown Lounge as we are used to seeing one.

My question is this though. With the number of balcony staterooms on the ship, how many of the venues around the ship are "closed in"? That is a deal breaker for me. I love to go to venues with views of the ocean. And that was a huge upset with Oasis, though it is a tremendous ship. My all time favorite bar, Schooner Bar had no views of the ocean what so ever. Heck, I couldn't even look outside if I was at guest services or something. It made it feel like a hotel. I just prefer the constant reminder of being at sea. So hopefully this class delivers that. But again, studying the ship it seems as if the only venues are going to be Two70, the outdoor seating area behind Windjammer(I assume that's what it is), and the pool decks. Everything else seems boxed in. :(

But that is my opinion and we all have separate ones. And in any event, I will still sail this class when Anthem calls to Port Everglades to see for myself. I may be pleasantly surprised.

I've been waiting for this YouTube video taken during "Tage der Region" at the Meyer Werft visitor centre.

The vantage point isn't the best, seeing as the Quantum is at the far end of Hall 6 behind the large cranes. Too bad the visitor centre wasn't built at the half way point along the long wall, instead at one end. Anyhow, I appreciate this video and the many others courtesy amSeehanfen who has shared many videos of the ships in her region, including tugs pulling Quantum class blocks on barges.

I was also one of those that said "I need a VCL". However on my Oasis cruise in September, I didn't go to the VCL once! I was shocked. So I guess i don't really need a VCL.

And if you think about it, 270 is like a VCL but with obviously much better views of the ocean!

Perhaps.

I, too, also like the Viking Crown Lounge though I don't spend that much time in it because the smoking affects my g/f too much. But at the same time, there is always another venue to enjoy around the ship so assuming there is not going to be a Viking Crown lounge(as we know it) it would not be a deal breaker for me. And from all the renderings I have been studying, I do not see a Viking Crown Lounge as we are used to seeing one.

My question is this though. With the number of balcony staterooms on the ship, how many of the venues around the ship are "closed in"? That is a deal breaker for me. I love to go to venues with views of the ocean. And that was a huge upset with Oasis, though it is a tremendous ship. My all time favorite bar, Schooner Bar had no views of the ocean what so ever. Heck, I couldn't even look outside if I was at guest services or something. It made it feel like a hotel. I just prefer the constant reminder of being at sea. So hopefully this class delivers that. But again, studying the ship it seems as if the only venues are going to be Two70, the outdoor seating area behind Windjammer(I assume that's what it is), and the pool decks. Everything else seems boxed in. :(

But that is my opinion and we all have separate ones. And in any event, I will still sail this class when Anthem calls to Port Everglades to see for myself. I may be pleasantly surprised.

Regarding your question about closed in vs open sea views, I think Decks 4 and 5 will have a lot of Sea views. With the lack of any new info I spent some time looking over the deck plans again especially 4 and 5. If you try and trace all the paths and walkways and how they lead to a "retail" or "more to come" it's very revealing. Even Guest Services, Next Cruise, Shore Excursion and Photo Gallery appear to have visibility to the outside just given their location on the outer part os the ship. The mid section of deck 5 also appears to have areas open to deck 4 below. But if my trace it right, the path/walkway at mid deck 5, port side before the photo gallery has space open to deck 4 also on the port side that maybe open to a great sea view. Even though the Lifeboats are there, deck 5 could have some great sea views.

Great photo!

Looks like the back of the FlowRider seating up at the top at deck 16. More to Come space on deck 14 (Windjammer?) below it.

I wonder why they posted the photo? Hope that there's more to come.

Quantum rendering below to remind us of what we're looking at. Sorry it's so big!!

Quantum_of_the_Seas__.jpg

I honestly think they should put like a suite only sundeck above 270 - imagine an infity edge pool looking out the back of the ship :eek: obviously that would diminish the privacy of the lower loft suites..

Edited by CroNich

What a phenomenal picture of Two70!!

I used to really want VCL on this ship too although now that I think about it, on all the RCI cruises I've been on, I have always gone up only once or twice and it seemed like barely anyone was ever up there! Maybe it is just not as much of a popular venue that it may have been years ago and it just doesn't make sense to spend the money on building it?

Regarding your question about closed in vs open sea views, I think Decks 4 and 5 will have a lot of Sea views. With the lack of any new info I spent some time looking over the deck plans again especially 4 and 5. If you try and trace all the paths and walkways and how they lead to a "retail" or "more to come" it's very revealing. Even Guest Services, Next Cruise, Shore Excursion and Photo Gallery appear to have visibility to the outside just given their location on the outer part os the ship. The mid section of deck 5 also appears to have areas open to deck 4 below. But if my trace it right, the path/walkway at mid deck 5, port side before the photo gallery has space open to deck 4 also on the port side that maybe open to a great sea view. Even though the Lifeboats are there, deck 5 could have some great sea views.

Interesting points.

I could only hope that is very much the case. And seeing how this class has been stated on the boards as an updated Radiance Class with it's "weatherproof" areas I could only hope they carry over certain aspects of the Radiance Class such as views of the ocean throughout.

And if you think about it, Two70 is nothing but a scaled up Colony Club (on Brilliance that is what it's named). The closed in, glass roof over the Solarium, etc. I just don't want to get my hopes up seeing how there are an ungodly amount of balconies on these things. :eek:

lol.

Here's to more speculation. :D

I've been waiting for this YouTube video taken during "Tage der Region" at the Meyer Werft visitor centre.

The vantage point isn't the best, seeing as the Quantum is at the far end of Hall 6 behind the large cranes. Too bad the visitor centre wasn't built at the half way point along the long wall, instead at one end. Anyhow, I appreciate this video and the many others courtesy amSeehanfen who has shared many videos of the ships in her region, including tugs pulling Quantum class blocks on barges.

Great video. She did a great job trying to get the right angle due to the glass reflection. At one point you can see what seems to be the name of Serenade of the Seas in the glass reflection. Maybe they had a model of her behind. She even gave us the names of some of the cranes. Many thanks for sharing.

Interesting points.

I could only hope that is very much the case. And seeing how this class has been stated on the boards as an updated Radiance Class with it's "weatherproof" areas I could only hope they carry over certain aspects of the Radiance Class such as views of the ocean throughout.

And if you think about it, Two70 is nothing but a scaled up Colony Club (on Brilliance that is what it's named). The closed in, glass roof over the Solarium, etc. I just don't want to get my hopes up seeing how there are an ungodly amount of balconies on these things. :eek:

lol.

Here's to more speculation. :D

Agreed, all we can do is guess and speculate based on what we think we see. I hope starting the new year they give us a little more reveals.

What's going on at Port Canaveral down the road from you? Sorry to be off topic, just hoping for Oasis class at PC.

Agreed, all we can do is guess and speculate based on what we think we see. I hope starting the new year they give us a little more reveals.

What's going on at Port Canaveral down the road from you? Sorry to be off topic, just hoping for Oasis class at PC.

I'm hoping for an Oasis Class too. Though it wasn't my favorite ship, I would still be first in line to hop on board one. I would imagine we might know more closer towards the dry dock time for Explorer. I guess there's rumor about Explorer going elsewhere after dry dock from Port Canaveral. Not sure when that is but there are a lot of things taking place around the time Oasis III is to be coming out. And we all know three Oasis ships won't be taking up home in Port Everglades. So only seems fitting given the expansion in Port Canaveral to have an Oasis Class call it home. But as you said, it is off topic.

Back to Quantum class. Do you have any idea as to when the next reveal/press conference is for Quantum?

Another reveal would be nice indeed. I want to know more about this class of ship.

Meanwhile more trickling in from the "Tage der Region" at the Meyer Werft visitor centre.

Bcpnl50IEAACxa2.jpg

Photo courtesy @Master_Schnief on Twitter

News clip from NDR.de

http://www.ndr.de/fernsehen/sendungen/hallo_niedersachsen/hallonds19385.html

Edited by Lloyd555

I'm hoping for an Oasis Class too. Though it wasn't my favorite ship, I would still be first in line to hop on board one. I would imagine we might know more closer towards the dry dock time for Explorer. I guess there's rumor about Explorer going elsewhere after dry dock from Port Canaveral. Not sure when that is but there are a lot of things taking place around the time Oasis III is to be coming out. And we all know three Oasis ships won't be taking up home in Port Everglades. So only seems fitting given the expansion in Port Canaveral to have an Oasis Class call it home. But as you said, it is off topic.

Back to Quantum class. Do you have any idea as to when the next reveal/press conference is for Quantum?

I would image the next reveal /press conference to be happening soon. The ship is about 10 months to completion and delivery and there is a lot we don't know. With Anthem right behind in the delivery schedule her itinerary's should be out soon as well according to rumors. They would/should come out with more detail about the class in general for grand marketing. Hopefully we all get really wowed.

Another reveal would be nice indeed. I want to know more about this class of ship.

Meanwhile more trickling in from the "Tage der Region" at the Meyer Werft visitor centre.

Bcpnl50IEAACxa2.jpg

News clip from NDR.de

http://www.ndr.de/fernsehen/sendungen/hallo_niedersachsen/hallonds19385.html

Thanks for sharing Lloyd. If it wasn't for the tourist and some journalist we would never see some of the great photos shared here.

Thanks for sharing Lloyd. If it wasn't for the tourist and some journalist we would never see some of the great photos shared here.

Well @Master_Schnief (previous photo's photographer) on Twitter managed to get a close-up through the visitor window. I had mentioned to him about amSeehafen's attempt. Glad people got a discount to check out the visitor centre and peek into the halls. :)

4d12699070c911e398fa0aac6fccc97c_8.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Well @Master_Schnief (previous photo's photographer) on Twitter managed to get a close-up through the visitor window. I had mentioned to him about amSeehafen's attempt. Glad people got a discount to check out the visitor centre and peek into the halls. :)

4d12699070c911e398fa0aac6fccc97c_8.jpg

Nice of @Master_Schnief to get a close up shot. Thanks!

Looks like the block on the left side of the hall is blocking part of the close-up shot he/she tried to get. You can see that deck 13 will have a lot of support beams coming from the bottom of deck 14 in front of the balconies similar to the Celebrity Solstice class ships.

Edit- looks like the support beams go down to the balconies on deck 12.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Nice of @Master_Schnief to get a close up shot. Thanks!

Looks like the block on the left side of the hall is blocking part of the close-up shot he/she tried to get. You can see that deck 13 will have a lot of support beams coming from the bottom of deck 14 in front of the balconies similar to the Celebrity Solstice class ships.

Edit- looks like the support beams go down to the balconies on deck 12.

Well, apparently there may be changes coming to Meyer Werft visitor centre. Good or bad ones? I'll let you know. Hope one change is an improved view!:D

Hello ,

we booked 3 cruises bk2bk2bk on the quantam

for jan.2015. Excited about the new ship.

We are also booked on the explorer for june19th,2014.

My grandson wanted one last cruise on that ship.

He has been on explorer every june since he was 10 and

he is now 17 sad to see it go.

We are diamond plus members hope to meet you in the

club and at the meet and mingle party.

Have a great new year

margeincharge:)