Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Thanks Lloyd for posting the larger pics. After I posted the thumbnails earlier, I was able to post the larger pics after I arrived at work.

No problem. I wonder when RCI posted them on the site?

They're good photos!

I didn't realise that the Two70 venue was built in halves.

Also nice to see that the FlowRider base has been installed.

Edited by Lloyd555

No problem. I wonder when RCI posted them on the site?

They're good photos!

I didn't realise that the Two70 venue was built in halves.

Also nice to see that the FlowRider base has been installed.

I was wondering the same. Hopefully, they'll reposition the webcam for better views. :cool::D

This might be an exposed area that will soon be enclosed, but it seems like the angle of the area in question is going in the opposite direction as what's shown in the rendering.

You would have to think that they are balconies

attachment.php?attachmentid=298947&stc=1&d=1389849186

The photo from the RCI site helps clear things up. :)

Edit: If Mobimar delivered the base of the FlowRider (seen in photo), I wonder if they also delivered the RipCord, but it's to be installed later?

http://www.mobimar.com/news-skydiving_simulators_for_the_quantum_class

low_1389822582_Quantum-of-the-Seas-MG-5918.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

I wonder what the bow looking thing is? Can't believe it is a real part of the hull.

It almost looks like they are using it as a template/positioning tool.

I wonder if it is temporary support for the stern since it's sticking up in the air? You can just barely see part of it in the photo below.

low_1389822523_Quantum-of-the-Seas-MG-5821.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

OMG! Am I spatially challenged or whatever it's called! I was looking at the photo in the previous post, and trying to figure out, in relation to the deck plan, what deck those two open spaces were on. I couldn't figure it out because ...

I thought that the top enclosed deck was deck 15 and I didn't think there would be a deck labelled 13, so that was throwing off my count from the top downwards! And then there is the area in the yellow square (that's also on the other side of the ship) that was throwing me off until I realised it was the front edge of Two70, and not part of the 'regular' decks in front of it.

TGIF!!! I am zonked!

I think I got it right ... :eek:

Deckcount_zps9fc6acca.jpg

OMG! Am I spatially challenged or whatever it's called! I was looking at the photo in the previous post, and trying to figure out, in relation to the deck plan, what deck those two open spaces were on. I couldn't figure it out because ...

I thought that the top enclosed deck was deck 15 and I didn't think there would be a deck labelled 13, so that was throwing off my count from the top downwards! And then there is the area in the yellow square (that's also on the other side of the ship) that was throwing me off until I realised it was the front edge of Two70, and not part of the 'regular' decks in front of it.

TGIF!!! I am zonked!

Good catch. I didn't even notice the area in the yellow square. (BTW, I will miss the yellow squares when this thread is finished :( . Will have to get a t-shirt made... LIFE WITHOUT YELLOW SQUARES HAS NO HILIGHTS ).

I've only been on the Freedom class (has a deck designated 13) and Oasis class (has no deck designated 13). Now the Quantum class with a deck 13. What's that all about?

I wonder if it is temporary support for the stern since it's sticking up in the air? You can just barely see part of it in the photo below.

From the above I now believe is will be a permanent part of the ship to help carry the load of what is above it and possibly smooth the flow of water. The azipods will get mounted left and light of it.

TGIF!!! I am zonked!

There better be a deck 13. I have a cabin on that deck in December. :D

Quantumkeelaftblock_zpscddc64d1.jpg

From the above I now believe is will be a permanent part of the ship to help carry the load of what is above it and possibly smooth the flow of water. The azipods will get mounted left and light of it.

That keel block photo above that was posted many posts ago. I wonder if it indeed belonged to the Quantum of the Seas?! Does it look like the keel block in the new photo (with a few steel bits added on)? Not as rounded.

Oh well. Doesn't really matter anyhow. Just curious. It won't be the first block mislabelled as belonging to her. :rolleyes:

Edited by Lloyd555

That keel block photo above that was posted many posts ago. I wonder if it indeed belonged to the Quantum of the Seas?! Does it look like the keel block in the new photo (with a few steel bits added on)? Not as rounded.

Oh well. Doesn't really matter anyhow. Just curious. It won't be the first block mislabelled as belonging to her. :rolleyes:

Too hard to tell for sure but I would bet not.

Pete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Thank you guys for finding and posting these pictures. You wonder if RCI was waiting until NCL Getaway was officially delivered before they started to publish all these pictures. These pictures were not on the press site a few days ago. Also with all the emails, RC blog post and numerous ask from the team here at CC, I think made a difference in the start of information flow. :)

Are you referring to the block in post #609 on page 31 of this thread or a different one?

Are you referring to the block in post #609 on page 31 of this thread or a different one?

Yup. The one I put in post #608 & #609.

By the way, NOW will/can Ingrid Fiebak post photos on her website?!

Edited by Lloyd555

There apepars to be a floorplan for a restaurant in this photo. I have tried enlarging it on my computer, but it is too blurry for a lot of detail.

low_1389821678_DSC-0443.jpg

Eric

Not if this is any help because you guys are much more qualified than I am but I played around a bit with the picture and it looks like the name is The Grande Restaurant, not sure if that will be the final name??? And it also looked like it was only 1/2 of the 3rd and 4th deck in the aft part of the ship so there must be another one with the other side? Again, you guys are the experts with all of this. I'm only the lonely stalker chick...:cool:

Maybe they added something to it as I can see the curve sides on the one above but not really on the one from post 608/609. The only vessel that was currently being built at MW that required two Azipod is Quantum.

I will check Ingrid's site. She did have new photos of Getaway after delivery I saw yesterday.

Lloyd- Sorry I did not see the first picture in your post above #962. Some of the pictures are blocked from viewing on my work computer. Thus I had to go back to see where this block was discussed before. You probably said the image is right there so why did he mention #609. Now at home all images are visible.

Looking at this photo, I thought I'd seen one very similar related to the Oasis class.

Sure enough, I'd seen one in this RCI photo gallery of the Allure's construction:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/royalcaribbeanintl/sets/72157619573198773/detail/

And there is that bit of steel under it as well.

Allureaftend_zpscc766f3b.jpg

Lloyd- Sorry I did not see the first picture in your post above #962. Some of the pictures are blocked from viewing on my work computer. Thus I had to go back to see where this block was discussed before. You probably said the image is right there so why did he mention #609. Now at home all images are visible.

No problems. I just loaded Tapatalk on my mobile, and I am sure that I will run into the same issues with missing photos!

The correct term for that 'bit of metal' is a skeg, which is just an extension of the keel further aft. In terms of marine dynamics it increases the directional stability of the ship, which is the ability for it to stay on a predefined course without rudder correction, and it also helps with providing good unbroken flow to the propellers, which increases their efficiency.

Edited by littlesteelo